This question is answered

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance DLC

• Level   1

Just wondering if the Hero/Villain pack was still available for download through Live. Recently got the game again after having established a Live account and was really hoping to get the DLC.  Same for M:UA2.  I see the teaser stuff, but that's only for online play with someone who already has the original packs. Is it still possible to get the original DLC packs? Thanks for any help!

Verified Answer
    • Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Yes, unfortunately the DLC for "Marvel: Ultimate Alliance" and "Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2" was only available until December 31st 2010 and is now no longer available.

Here's the source and a full explanation why:

http://www.herohq.com/forums/viewthread/19584/

You can only download the "Playable Character Teaser Pack" (US only) for "Marvel: Ultimate Alliance" now.

Playable Character Teaser Pack (FREE)

Required to play your friends in multiplayer if your friends have downloaded any of the downloadable content packs. Do not download this pack if you have purchased Marvel™:Ultimate Alliance Gold Edition, due out in May 2007, as the new playable characters are already included in that version of the game. TM & © 2006 Marvel. [File size: 75.1 MB]

Playable Hero/Villain Pack Combo Deal
    (800 MSP) [No longer available]

Play with 8 entirely new characters, 4 heroes and 4 villains. Free title update required to play. Do not download this pack if you have purchased Marvel™:Ultimate Alliance Gold Edition, due out in May 2007, as the new playable characters are already included in that version of the game. TM & © 2006 Marvel. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts. [File size: 75.1 MB]

Playable Hero Pack
    (480 MSP) [No longer available]

Play an entirely new team. Hulk, Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Hawkeye. Free title update required to play. Do not download this pack if you have purchased Marvel™:Ultimate Alliance Gold Edition, due out in May 2007, as the new playable characters are already included in that version of the game. TM & © 2006 Marvel. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts. [File size: 75.1 MB]

Playable Villain Pack
    (480 MSP) [No longer available]

Play an entirely new team. Doom, Venom, Sabertooth and Magneto. Free title update required to play. Do not download this pack if you have purchased Marvel™:Ultimate Alliance Gold Edition, due out in May 2007, as the new playable characters are already included in that version of the game. TM & © 2006 Marvel. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts. [File size: 75.1 MB]

The DLC is now only available via Gold Edition or Special Edition of the game.

Concerning "Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2" you can only download the "Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 Character & Sim Mission Pack Teaser" and "Juggernaut Playable Character Teaser " now. According to Activision there won't be a Gold Edition or Special Edition for M:UA2.

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 Character & Sim Mission Pack Teaser (FREE)

http://avatar.xboxlive.com/global/t.4156082f/marketplace/0/4156082f0ccf0004

Required to play with your friends in multiplayer if your friends have downloaded the Character & Sim Mission Pack. [File size: 137.70 MB]

Juggernaut Playable Character Teaser (FREE)

http://avatar.xboxlive.com/global/t.4156082f/marketplace/0/4156082f0ccf0002

Required to play with your friends in multiplayer if your friends have downloaded the Juggernaut playable character. [File size: 18.11 MB]

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 Character & Sim Mission Pack (800 MSP) [No longer available]

http://avatar.xboxlive.com/global/t.4156082f/marketplace/0/4156082f0ccf0004

Make the Largest Army of Super Heroes even greater with these 5 all new playable characters! Unleash the power, might, and fusions of Carnage, Magneto, Psylocke, Cable, and Black Panther! Earn more achievements with 4 new simulations missions. The Civil War is on. Join the fight! [File size: 137.70 MB]

Juggernaut Playable Character (160 MSP) [No longer available]

http://avatar.xboxlive.com/global/t.4156082f/marketplace/0/4156082f0ccf0002

The Largest Army of Super Heroes is back! Jump into the heart of the battle with this new exclusive character; the one, the only, the gargantuan, unstoppable force JUGGERNAUT! Unleash massive power and destruction with Juggernaut and the rest of your exciting team of four! [File size: 18.11 MB]

If you downloaded the DLC when it was available you can redownload it here again:

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Download/History

All Replies
    • Level   3
    • Suggested Answer

Unfortunately, those DLC packs are no longer available on the marketplace. The only way to get them now is to get a hold of the "gold" version of the games that include the DLC on the disk.

• Level   1

What if you paid for and downloaded the content years ago?  My system cannot seem to access the DLC even though i have it bought and installed on my system?  I recently started replaying the game BC im a huge comic book nerd and the DLC was a great booster to the game.  Is there anyway to get the DLC or @ the very least some sort of reimbursement for the $$ i spent ?

• Level   V
    • Suggested Answer

Check your download history - support.microsoft.com/.../962228  You should be able to redownload it from there. There are no reimbursements when content is removed from the marketplace.

• Level   1

This is [REMOVED - LANGUAGE], because i just paid  and downloaded these on my xbox live account. :

Playable Hero Pack (480 MSP) [No longer available]

Playable Villain Pack (480 MSP) [No longer available]

But when i try to download them in the game, it tells me that my xbox live account is limited. WTF

• Level   1

Can anyone file share with me the DLC content for MUA 2?

• Level   1

Can we vote or something to get the dlc back

• Level   V

It was pulled because of licensing issues so voting probably wouldn't bring it back. You'd have to contact the developer's about trying to get it back.

• Level   1

just looked online and I can only find one copy of UA but no way am I paying nearly £70 for it!!

• Level   1

Just Got the først game myself and are having a blast - though i have that I Will not be able to get all the achievements..... Are there rly no special edition of the second game, that includes the dlc?..