This question has suggested answer(s)

xbox 360 won't play Halo 2-it says I need to install a hard drive, how do i do that

• Level   1

I'm trying to play Halo 2 and it isn't letting me, it says I need a hard drive, what does that mean?  I have 2.7 memory left

All Replies
    • Level   V
    • Suggested Answer

Original Xbox games require a hard drive because of the emulation software used to run them. If you're using the 4gb slim you only have flash memory and not an actual hard drive. You would have to purchase either the 250 gb or 320 gb hard drive in order for the game to work.

• Level   1

WOULD AN EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE WITH A USB WORK ? IF IT HELPS MY EMAIL IS Peter_m54@hotmail.co.uk

• Level   7

no only a 250gig and a 320gig offical xbox hd will have the emulator

• Level   1

HI AND THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY I AM VERY VERY NEW TO THIS AND I BOUGHT THE GAME OF XBOX LIVE SO WHEN IT SAID ORIGINAL I THOUGHT IT MEANT IT WAS THE ORIGINAL GAME I THINK THERE SHOULD BE A WARNING WHEN U BUY TO SAY IT WONT PLAY WITHOUT THE HARD DRIVE :( BUT ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

• Level   7

Actually the warning is already there in the description

You must have an official xbox hd

And yes I've seen the description

• Level   5

plus it is common knowledge that you need a hard drive to play the old gen xbox games since the old gen xbox did not come without one.  and next time, WATCH IT WITH THE CAPS LOCK thanks.

XBOX 360, kicking other consoles backsides since 2005.

• Level   1

Hi thanks for your advice and sorry about the caps I have never played an x box until 4 days ago and at 55 very few things are obvious to me :) and after suffering 2 strokes am trying to keep my mind active and i thought original meant old as the one i played about 10 years agoi on a differant console heres hoping you have a great xmas and good fortune in the new year Peter

• Level   1

Hi and thanks for telling I didn't no u could get old games good thing I have a hard drive :) does anybody know how much halo 2 cost?

• Level   5

Depends on where you get it from. Should be pretty cheap.

Previously Jameser78, now TF themed.

• Level   1

You need a Microsoft hard drive device to play original Xbox games.