This question is answered

Trying to add a credit card -- Status code 8C32008

• Level   2

I have recently bought a prepaid master card so that i could buy some things off the xbox marketplace. However, when i try to add the card as a payment option, it never accepts it and tells me that "There's a problem with Xbox Live Marketplace. Please try again later" and gives me status code 8C320008. I have tried on multiple occasions though and it always gives me the same message so i'm sure the marketplace is not down or anything. I have used a pre paid card on xbox before so i'm not sure what the problem is and why it doesn't accept it as a payment option. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Verified Answer
    • Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

I think i may have a solution for at least some of you. for months I have been un-able to add a Debit Master card. So  I was in here reading stuff. i knew my acct was up to date, I have successfully used debit cards before etc etc. the only thing left was bank blocking it some how or some such. So I ring my bank (Australia) Westpac. The lady I spoke to seemed to instantly recognise the problem. The card simply needed to be activated. You see With this bank you can indeed use your debit card for eftpos and ATM without activation, creating the illusion that the "Activate your card Now Phone: blah blah" Sticker on all new cards is just for show. For some reason My previous card was able to be used online even though I had never requested the card to be activated. So just phone your bank, at the very least you will be able to eliminate the bank as being a problem.

I recommend:

• Ensuring your Account details with both ur bank and XBL are in Sync with one another
    • Phoning your bank to confirm there are no restrictions and that the card is in fact properly activated.
    • Reading as many posts as possible
    • Starting your own thread so that XB forum mods can easily identify your new post. Often Mods are reluctant to go searching through threads looking for 1 post, its much easier for them to find your post if you start it in a thread, but make sure you do some work first, its not fair to do nothing for your self.

All else fails Google: xbox live contact telephone and follow the links that say things like "Contact us" there should be some drop down menus that need selecting, choose them and either contact by phone or use the chat feature, sometimes you will have to wait a while.

Hope I helped

All Replies
    • Level   1

im having this same issue, and also using a master card, maybe thats what the problem is

• Level   1

Same error code for me, however i use a Visa, Even when trying to add the card to the official website it says invalid credit card, but it isn't, in fact i left Xbox website and used it to purchase some pictures. So i know my card works why the hell is microsoft not accepting!? any help would be appreciated cuz im sitting here without a phone too call them....

• Level   2

I just got a message from them saying that they are only accepting credit cards atm and prepaid cards can't be used

• Level   1

What is going on????

• Level   1

I cant renew my membership with my credit card, but my friend renewed his on the same day with the same credit card and it all worked for him, Im so confused as to whats going on?

• Level   1

if your using a visa debit, i was having issues until i wasn't in overdraft, change cash over and was working within 10seconds..

• Level   1

I have tried both a debit and a credit card and no luck!! I guess they can't get anything right

• Level   X

Hey there - Are you having this exact error? Can you double check your billing information as it appears on billing.microsoft.com and make sure it's up to date and accurate?

• Level   2

mirosoft is just shity and dont know how to run there billing serviese with creditcards -.- *** silver no fun

• Level   2

Microsoft has an excellent Billing System. If you keep your account up to date with valid information you should not have any issue.

Now your Gamertag  (XXPUXSSYXLOVERX) is a different story.

• Level   2

it will just come up with the error tht means there is a problem with there side not ours and if many people r having the same issue its there system -.-

• Level   1

I'm having the same problem when I try to add points, Keeps telling me to try again later, Been doing that sence yesterday.

• Level   1

yea i have been having noting but problems with microsoft at every turn i have make 3 calls and been told each time that the problem should be resolved in 10 days or so. First i cant redeem MS points  then after i can get them i am not able to spend them on anything and now i cant even add a new card to renew my xbl. This is absolutely ridiculous! I have always been a advid customer with microsoft since the xbox had launch and with these pass couple of months i have just about taken a full turn around on my opinion. If anyone can tell me if there is anyone that can acctually help me with anything and not just sending me on a run around id very much like to know or should i just sell my 360 now and jump on the ps3 network where atleast its free for them to *** me over.

• Level   1

Having the issue today. All information is up to date. Been out for a while and want new COD MAPS! NAO! microsoft is sucking. Guess ill have to go to walmart or something and buy some microsoft point codes.

• Level   1

I'm having the same problem. Has anyone been able to get this fixed yet?