This question is answered

there's a problem with xbox live marketplace. 8c230002

• Level   1

there's a problem with xbox live marketplace.  8c230002

I've been getting this for 24 hours.  I thought maybe the market was down, but the status page indicates it's not.  I cleared system cache and deleted Marketplace cache and rebooted each time to no avail.  I don't see this particular error code anywhere, so I'm really stumped.  My account is in good standing, so what else could this be?

Verified Answer
    • Level   S
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hey LikeaG33! Since the original post in this thread is dated back 8 months, it would be helpful if you could create a brand new thread: forums.xbox.com/.../addpost.aspx detailing your issue and any steps you've thus far tried! Standing by to help you troubleshoot individually. :)

All Replies
    • Level   1

Hey, can somebody help me? I bought kinetic + adventures- game and two games packet. Two games has to download from marketplace. Fruitninja was downloaded fast and easy... But  The Gunstringer the other game was slow and file size was 3,80 GB.  When i downloaded game (almost 30% of the game)  then i saw something errormessage in screen and loading just stopped. What to do? All updates are ok and hard drive is allmost empty (space 4,80 GB).. Btw sorry my bad english, i'm from finland :)

• Level   1

Ok, that's it. I can't take this anymore. For a whole year now, I've been having Unsolved problem after Unsolved problem with this stupid Xbox. I'm calling support, and if they don't know what the problem is, I'm getting this hunk of junk repaired. Can I post a YouTube video or something about my problem and post a link here? It's much easier to communicate by showing an talking instead of texting. I am just wondering because some forums have special rules about that kind of stuff . Thanks so much for the help!

• Level   1

When I called tech support the other day, they told me that the marketplace servers were undergoing maintenance and that could be the issue, but when it still didn't work yesterday, I talked to another tech support person who basically threw her hands up in the air and told me it was my xbox.  To be honest, I was slightly skeptical, but when I was able to do everything I couldn't do on mine with my daughter's xbox (in the same house), I was convinced. Her xbox had no problem retrieving my profile and downloading my marketplace purchases.  Not sure why some xbox's would be affected this way.  It's not a network issue since, after downloading my profile to my hard drive from my daughter's xbox, I'm able to play COD4 online and Forza.....just can't' download anything to the xbox.

By the way, on a side note, I have to say that the Xbox is one of the most buggiest pieces of hardware I've ever owned.  This makes at least the second xbox I've had to return to microsoft to fix....the first suffered the red ring of death, the replacement they sent is upstairs with a broken network adapter and two or three broken USB ports.  This one that I'm sending back now was the replacement for that unit.  At least its still under warranty.  By comparison, I still have two PS2's in our house that work as good as the day they were purchased.....

Strange.  

• Level   1

No Kidding! I've been having problems with my Xbox since the day i got it, but my GameCube has never had any problems, and my Wii has been working flawlessly for 5 years up until the last month. Anyway, I'll be posting my video soon, so I'll post a link to it tomorrow. It is going to explain all of my problems. And, trust me, there's a ton!

• Level   1

I'm having the same problem. My membership has expired, and so I'm trying to renew it, inputting all my payment details, and as I complete every time I get this error message. Its infuriating. There are no problems with my connection, my router or otherwise, it simply won't let me connect to the marketplace to renew!

• Level   1

Same here ,8c230002 I am really miffed.

I have the brand new star wars xbox, i am wi fi with sky which has just been installed,I pre pay xbox live gold account, i have a family account because i have another 2 xbox's in the house. My boys don't have the same issue as me.

I have problems with streaming with love film aaaaargh keeps buffering every 5 minutes.

Keeps kicking me out off xbox live, and same as the others everything is greyed out.

and when downloading mincraft stuck on 1 %, I don't know but i have a feeling that is my new xbox or sky as as the problem occurred roughly around the same time

Any ideas please

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

On one of the other forums, it suggests going into xbox settings and turning off your family settings

apparently this is the fix stand by.

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Greetings, BAZZA 705. Sorry to hear you're encountering an 8c230002 error code. Since this thread is quite old can I please have you create a new thread detailing out your situation? This will enable us to work with you on a one-on-one basis to get this sorted out.

Along those lines, I would encourage anyone who needs support with this issue to please do the same. Thank you in advance!

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

• Level   1

I've got this error 8c230002 for a couple of weeks now and it freaks me out. Can anybody help me with this? I've heard something about the family settings, is that the solution?

• Level   4
    • Suggested Answer

Its to do with parental settings. Do this and it should fix it hopefully.

step 1: go to settings

step 2: select family

step 3: select no family settings

step 4: Try downloading again

• Level   1

I'm having the same problem, and my family settings have always been turned off. My only problem is that I can't enter my new debit card number without this error message popping up... I tried changing my payment option on the xbox website, but it won't accept my card. I know this isn't an issue with my card or internet connection, because they both work fine in any other situation. My XBOX is brand new; I just payed $300 for it, and I'm not too happy.

• Level   1

i cant even download madden 13

• Level   1

When this issue occours with the Madden 13 demo, know that it's Gold exclusive at this point.  So, if you don't have Gold, and are trying to download the Madden 13 demo, that is why.