status code 80070057

• Level   1

i keep trying to buy the one month free gold account but i keep getting an error message saying cant retrieve information from xbox live please try again later status code 80070057. i would love some advise on how to solve this problem thanks

• Level   1

I just joined this website to try to uncover the same problem. It's not just you, because the same status code came up for me.

• Level   1

Same here.

• Level   1

Like wise...

• Level   1

I'm getting that same message...

• Level   1

Same here.

• Level   1

I called in to support and after they put my credit information in and made sure my address was correct, it worked..

• Level   1

I got the same message, but after I entered my credit card information it worked. Although you're not paying anything it is still required. To enter credit card information do the following: 1. Hit the xbox button 2. got to settings and select "Account Management" 3. Under "Your Billing Option" select "Manage Payment Options" 4. enter Credit card info 5. Try getting the free xbox live again.

It worked for me, and I hope could Help others with my problem.

• Level   1

would i need to cancel the membership if the free one month gold expires?

• Level   1

Any subscription you buy on the console will automatically turn on Auto Renew. In order for that to work, there must be a credit card on the account it can charge when the account auto renews.  Even though it is a free month, you must have a credit card on the account to start the subscription.

When that free one month is finished it will renew into a paid 1 month subscription and charge the payment method you added.

• Level   1

To stop auto renewal you can simply sign in online (on this website), select "My Account", and it will tell your current subscription to xbox live and give you the option to deactivate auto renewal.

• Level   1

Worked great, thanks!

• Level   1

Is there any way to get it without a credit card? I don't have one.

• Level   1

YEah is there anyway of getting it without a credit card because I don't own one.?

• Level   1

ya that would be nice