This question is answered

Cant play downloaded games ive bought from the marketplace offline after downloading and going offline!!!!!!

• Level   1

What the hell is the deal? i paid and downloaded lots of games for Xbox 360. I bought Dead Rising, Rainbow Six 2 Vegas. And i when i go offline, it pretty much says that it cant be played. Whats the point of buying and downloading them onto your Xbox if you cant play them offline?  To me its just a waste of money. I dont have internet at my house, cant afford it. which is why i download at my mothers or my friends house then go home and try to play them after i finished downloading them. ive tried starting the game while i was connected and it starts up just fine, but it doesnt bring the update game window up at all, it just goes straight to the game and im able to play it. but when im offline it just gives me an error saying unable to play game. What do i need to do in order to play the games ive paid for offline!!!!!????

Verified Answer
  • Are you downloading the games with your console or just your hard drive connected to another console?

-

Licensing works that a game can be played offline on the first console it was downloaded to, on another console it will require a LIVE connection with the purchasing account.

-

If you have downloaded them using another console then you are going to have to do a license transfer to make the games 'belong' to your 360 and that will require your console to be where there is an internet connection in order for it to access LIVE.

-

Instructions on how to do a license transfer can be found here http://www.xbox.com/drm.

Mass Effect 3 - MEHEM and Extended Anderson Conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmofIH7rN9U.

All Replies
    • Level   1

This is a new issue as of the February 2012 update. Many unhappy users reporting the same exact thing.

-

I'm trying to centralize the discussion in a single thread, please come post your issue, and express your discontent, in this thread over here. I'd really appreciate it, hopefully we can get this addressed soon. Thanks

-

>>> forums.xbox.com/.../219607.aspx <<<