This question has suggested answer(s)

Transferring Skyrim DLC and Xbox Licenses

• Level   1

Sorry if i don't explain this clear enough or I over complicate it.

I recently purchased the Skyrim Dawngaurd DLC on one of my household's two xboxs on my gamertag. If i were to download it on my gamertag on the other xbox could all gamertags on the second xbox use the DLC or not? Would i have to transfer my gamertag's license to the second xbox for it to work? Also if i did this, would i still be able to play the DLC on the first xbox?

Thank you for any help

All Replies
    • Level   4

CiaranB17
    I recently purchased the Skyrim Dawngaurd DLC on one of my household's two xboxs on my gamertag. [1] If i were to download it on my gamertag on the other xbox could all gamertags on the second xbox use the DLC or not? [2] Would i have to transfer my gamertag's license to the second xbox for it to work? [3] Also if i did this, would i still be able to play the DLC on the first xbox?

I've numbered your questions to make responding easier.

[1] On the other Xbox, the DLC will only be usable when your profile (the purchasing one) is signed in to Xbox Live on that console.

[2] Yes, if you transfer all your gamertag's licenses to the other console, profiles that aren't yours can use all your content whether your profile is there or not, and whether there's an Xbox Live connection or not.

[3] If you transfer your licenses to the other console, your profile can still use all your DLC on the first console (or any other console) as long as you are connected to and signed in to Xbox Live. (This means that the License you are transferring is effectively the offline license.)

• Level   1

Thank you for your reply. Just so i understand if i transfer the licenses to the other console, am i right in saying only the profile i downloaded the DLC on can use it, on the first console?

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

DLC has 2 qualifiers: 1 GT 2 Console ID   If you transfer the license and then redownload your profile on the console NOT transferred then both consoles will have access to the DLC

• Level   3
    • Suggested Answer

@Ciaran: You understand it exactly right. If you transfer licenses to your second console, then every account on that console will have access to the DLC. And, only the purchasing account will have access to the content on the first console and only while connected to XBox Live.

@Table: You are implying that both consoles would have full access to the content, and that is not correct.