This question is answered

Halo 4: Crimson Map Pack Refund

• Level   1

I purchased the season pass for Halo 4 for 2,000 Microsoft points, this was suppose to give me a 400 Microsoft point, or $5 discount for buying early, individually the map packs would have cost me 2,400 Microsoft points. Today, the first map pack, the Crimson Map Pack, was released for free for everyone. Since there are 2 map packs left to be released at 800ms points, for 1600ms points total, I am now paying 400ms points extra for the same content. I am very concerned about this, and was wondering if any form of refund or compensation is to be made to those now paying more, or if there is any information as to where I should take my complaint.

Verified Answer
    • Level   S
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hey everyone! There were some initial complications with the distribution of the “14 day, Buy and Play” reward tokens, and so we decided to provide the additional reward of complimentary access to the Crimson Map Pack, for a limited time, as a “thank you” to our customers that contributed to the success of the Halo 4 launch. Those of you that own the Halo 4 Map Pass via standalone purchase or the Limited Edition will not be impacted and will continue to have access to the content after the complimentary access period ends on Tuesday, December 18 at 9am UTC/GMT. Hope this helps clear things up! :)

All Replies
    • Level   7

yes xbox billing support for refund questions most likely a NO anyways

or waypoint.halo.com to file a complaint properly and to the right people

• Level   1

The complain should be filed with Microsoft. It was a Marketplace error - not an error on the part of the content supplier.

Let's say I sell eggs to a grocer. They, in turn, sell my eggs to other people. The shoppers enter into a contract with the grocer, NOT with me.

• Level   7

ahh but young grasshopper you forget who gave you the DLC in the first place

343i

game issues must be directed to the developer which case 343 and waypoint

• Level   1

Everyone keeps claiming its MS's issue. But I'd like to point out, the dashboard marketplace did not offer the game for free, this was strictly in the Halo 4 marketplace. So don't be so quick to pass the blame off of 343i.

• Level   7

yes so the 343 halo marketplace

(warpass)

• Level   1

Make complaints on all forums and wait and see what's being done. At mo Microsoft are just rubbing their hands together in glee at all the cash. I wouldn't be surprised if this was some publicity stunt to draw waning gamers back to the cash cow of halo. Halo 4 has taken some heavy criticism, releasing a map pack free as a "glitch" would boost numbers and draw press.

• Level   2

I bought and played Halo 4 online on launch day. What are these tokens you are referring to and how do I get complimentary access?

• Level   2

Hey everyone! There were some initial complications with the distribution of the “14 day, Buy and Play” reward tokens, and so we decided to provide the additional reward of complimentary access to the Crimson Map Pack, for a limited time, as a “thank you” to our customers that contributed to the success of the Halo 4 launch. Those of you that own the Halo 4 Map Pass via standalone purchase or the Limited Edition will not be impacted and will continue to have access to the content after the complimentary access period ends on Tuesday, December 18 at 9am UTC/GMT. Hope this helps clear things up! :)

Yeah right, this is a joke. Your company never even sent my spec code from the 14 day promotion along with many others so I doubt this wasn't from the same system, considering the vast amount of people who have gotten the maps but not their deserved spec codes.

• Level   7

You dont the tokens were the ones were you got specialization codes for the first 14days ot halo.people didnt receive them

• Level   7

Pwnyville you have to read the waypoint forums for how to get your code there is a forums sticky that asked you for info and current email address

Halo.waypoint.com

@hen she is basically saying everyone can download the crimson mappack till the 18th

After that only people with warpass and le warpass can download it

• Level   3

Oh boy!  Am I glad I got the LE.  I really wish I could switch my copy for a SE and get my 40$ back.

• Level   2

Pwnyville you have to read the waypoint forums for how to get your code there is a forums sticky that asked you for info and current email address

Halo.waypoint.com

@hen she is basically saying everyone can download the crimson mappack till the 18th

After that only people with warpass and le warpass can download it

1. They claim to have sent all codes out. Also, go on waypoint's site right now, they closed the thread for that and before that I did in fact post on there, on December 4th. I also posted here and contacted Microsoft customer support about getting the code. I did qualify but didn't get the code, same with many others. Useless.

2. She was saying it was a part of the 14 day (Nov. 6th-20th) promotion. The same one you were supposed to get spec codes from.

Please don't post old/incorrect information.

• Level   7

then check your spam or junk folder of your contact email connected to your windows live id

xbox support does not generate the codes they are customer support

the 343 team does because they are game support

i gave you the correct info

waypoint is the only way to get the code if you didn't receive it

• Level   2

then check your spam or junk folder of your contact email connected to your windows live id

xbox support does not generate the codes

the 343 team does

Also incorrect information. It was a Microsoft promotion and therefore the codes came from Microsoft. It's been confirmed again and again that it was a Microsoft promotion. Also, I'm not stupid. I checked every single email inbox/junk/spam/deleted folder I have.

Even if that were the case, Microsoft was sending out xbox live messages to people with the code, and I did not get one. Please, do not post old/incorrect information. I've been through this for the umpteenth time and so have many others. Microsoft was not successful with the spec codes for everyone.

-READ FOR THE LOVE OF GOD: Waypoint isn't giving out codes, if you've spent any amount of time on there you would know. People posted in the thread involved for it and many didn't get codes. I'm tired of hearing this from people who don't know what they're talking about.

-I ALSO already told you they closed the thread and said Microsoft sent 'all' messages via xbox live, when many didn't receive them, but you keep ignoring my posts and posting things you merely believe that aren't true, outdated information.