This question is answered

Hacked? Didn't buy SILVER PLAYERS PREMIUM or PREMIUM GOLD JUMBO.

• Level   2

Last night, before I went to bed, I noticed I had ~1500 MS points. When I woke up this morning, I had 10. Upon looking at my download history, I found two items purchased today.

SILVER PLAYERS PREMIUM and PREMIUM GOLD JUMBO are, from what I can gather, something for sports games. 

When I checked my e-mail, I had a message that said my credit card declined for the purchase of 6000 MS points. I didn't see any charges in my online statement, but it usually takes a few days for things to show up there anyway. I know I bought two 1600 MS points packages in the past few months, but nothing but that.

Is there anything I can do to get my points back?

Verified Answer
  • You would need to call support and have them open an unauthorized access investigation.

All Replies
  • You would need to call support and have them open an unauthorized access investigation.

• Level   2

What's the number for that? When is it open?

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

support.xbox.com/.../call-us

• Level   1

Thanks for the link, it happened to me today too for Fifa 11 as well....

• Level   1

on 9/3/2011 i had 800 microsoft points two days later i have zero and how do i know if i add more points the person who hacked me wont steal it again.

• Level   1

Thanks for the link too, same thing happened to me to this morning; someone bought 6000 then 4000 MS points and went on a XBL Arcade buying spree.  I'm pretty ticked since I thought my info was kept under wraps :(

Already sent in a dispute to PayPal so now I'll just have to call Xbox tomorrow.

• Level   1

6000 and 4000, that was the same amounts for me. about $125. I only had 50 pts in my acct, and thats gone (dont care about that).  Called XBOX, they started their investigation, I can't get on live until they are done. They said they caught the 6000 purchase and had already started crediting, but didnt notice the 4000 until I pointed it out. I don't know whats worse. that Microsft has had that kind of breach, or that EA offers up that kind of "Consumeable" "freemium-esque" content.

• Level   8
    • Suggested Answer

LilSweetPotato

6000 and 4000, that was the same amounts for me. about $125. I only had 50 pts in my acct, and thats gone (dont care about that).  Called XBOX, they started their investigation, I can't get on live until they are done. They said they caught the 6000 purchase and had already started crediting, but didnt notice the 4000 until I pointed it out. I don't know whats worse. that Microsft has had that kind of breach, or that EA offers up that kind of "Consumeable" "freemium-esque" content.

That was because EA was actually hacked, whereas Microsoft or Xbox LIVE has not been hacked. People have been phished, which is completely different.

• Level   2

Same happened to me, but luckly the experiation date on my CC was wrong.

• Level   1

This just happened to me on Saturday.  How long did it take to get corrected?

• Level   2

Just happened to me, although they didn't buy any points with my account.  Cleared out my 960 points with Premium Gold Packs and Jumbo packs.  I get emails near instantly when I do buy points and my inbox is clean, and my online banking isn't showing any activity either.  Is it even possible to get the points back or no...

• Level   1

This just happened to me and they cleared out 3100 ms points. buying a Silver upgrade pack, Family Gold pack , and Family Gold jumbo.  I talked with customer support and they said that when their system is back up they will start an investigation.  I am on the phone with EA as well because it seems to only be effecting FiFA because I don't own FIFA 12 but once I got my account back, I played it and got to achievements which have to do with these Packs they are buying.  

• Level   1

same to me, they buy 10000 points and expend 4000 from my own stash.

they buy the packs and Fifa12, play and receive 65g in anchievments

• Level   1

Me too.  I don't know how many points I had before but it was considerably more than the 40 I have now.

I've got a Premium Gold Pack and a Premium Gold Jumbo in my purchase history (both from today) and my play history shows I've been playing FIFA 12 (and I hate sports games).

My license transfer screen also shows two consoles attached to my account.

I can't check my console ID number right now, but I'd be willing to bet that the one with only 2 licenses on it isn't the one sitting in my living room.

I've called twice today and both times I've been told their account system is down so there's nothing they can help me with at the moment.

Hopefully it'll be back up tomorrow.

I've changed my password but at least I didn't have a credit card attached to my account.

• Level   1

When you get through theres a brief Q&A. Explain what happened and then they'll tell you they'll open an Investigation. Your XBOX live account WILL BE SUSPENDED while this happens, so no online play or DLC (or Netflix etc) for you through the XBOX. May taake a few days, may take a few weeks. I think I was without for 2-3 weeks. Youll be credited either a pro-rated amount of time or a free month (I got a free month). You will more than likely be credited your original balance too, I was prepared to take the wopping 50 pt loss, but was surprised when it was added back.  Funny thing is Microsoft caught one of the purchases(40) and had already recredited me, but the investigation still had to be open for the 75 dollar one (both made at the same time).

Sucks, but it was all fixed and the rep was friendly enough, we talked football for a few minutes (Pro VS College, etc). changed all my passwords after this just in case, be sure to definitly change your EA login.