This question is answered

Status code : 80072ef3

• Level   2
Hello, I've just tried to rent immortals in hd and was going to download it, was able to rent it, took my points, came to the point to start downloading a error pops up, status code 80072ef3. And the download won't start. Turned off my Xbox, cleared my cache, tried to re download nothing works. What can I do to fix it?
Verified Answer
    • Level   X
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hello everyone! Thank you for these posts - we're currently investigating. :) In the meantime, if you are receiving this error code (80072ef3) when attempting to rent or download content, please contact our Phone Support team for further assistance. You can find contact information relevant to your region by following the prompts for "billing" here: support.xbox.com/contact-us

• Level   S
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Greetings to the thread, I'm sorry for the frustration here! I understand you're just trying to watch your Zune content. This is an issue that is still currently being investigated, so I suggest you do as Miss Portia has suggested and contact phone support. Especially if it is rental content that expires after 24 hours!

All Replies
    • Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

Hi I've had the same problem downloading movies from zune status code 80072ef3 and could not get a refund of points as Xbox policy on refunds is that you are only allowed one every 12 months. I also cleared my cache and turn off my xbox and tried to download it again but again the status error comes up. Did you manage to get an answer to your problem?

• Level   1

Hi, I have the same problem....no solution as yet?

• Level   1

Has anybody had any luck with this? Been on the phone to microsoft for over an hour. They are basically saying its not their fault and there's nothing they can do about it. Doesnt seem to effect streaming and game downloads. Out of interest who are your broadband providers?

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

Have a look at the status page support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-status

Zune

Users may experience difficulties with the following services:

You might be unable to browse, stream, download, or buy things at the Zune marketplace or on Zune.net. We’re working on the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience.

We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience

• Level   1

support suggested deleting zune and re installing it. if that didnt work then deleting my profile and recovering it. i tried to download 2 movies the other day and still no luck with them. xbox only give 1 refund every 12 months apparently so wont be happy if they dont fix it.

• Level   1

getting same status code 80072ef3 when trying to download movie. tried all of the above and still won't work.

also, doesn't give me back the choice of trying to stream it instead.

• Level   X
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hello everyone! Thank you for these posts - we're currently investigating. :) In the meantime, if you are receiving this error code (80072ef3) when attempting to rent or download content, please contact our Phone Support team for further assistance. You can find contact information relevant to your region by following the prompts for "billing" here: support.xbox.com/contact-us

• Level   1

Hello Miss Portia. I did indeed phone XBOX support on 12th March. They told me it wasnt their problem and it was either Zune or my router so they were no help at all. Is there any update on this?

• Level   1

I'm still getting this problem too when trying to download Contagious & the newest Twilight (for my GF) - any further news?

• Level   1

Just checking, now that it's 5 months later. I have the problem on a number of different TV purchases, a variety of different Series or Episodes. Did an answer ever arise or was this just swept under the rug?

• Level   1

This is taking to long to fix. Xbox and Zune have to figure out something soon.

• Level   S
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Greetings to the thread, I'm sorry for the frustration here! I understand you're just trying to watch your Zune content. This is an issue that is still currently being investigated, so I suggest you do as Miss Portia has suggested and contact phone support. Especially if it is rental content that expires after 24 hours!

• Level   1

I lost my money and never got the movie. Learnt my lesson and don't use Zune any more.

• Level   S

Hey there Dom G UK, have you contacted phone support about this? If not please do!

• Level   1

Indeed Miss Kleo I have. Like others on here I received the same possible solutions the operator has written in front of them on their monitor. When they and I have gone through the said list I still end up with nothing but another wasted phone call.

You are the third official comment on this tiny thread saying ' contact phone support  '

Why are you repeating advice that is of no use ? Do you think this makes people less or more frustrated ?

Either pull it offline and fix it or give people their money back and apologise. Simple