This question has suggested answer(s)

Status Code: 80169E16

• Level   1

I have a Gold account, I have bought on demand games in the past (namely Oblivion and Fable II) but today I tried to buy Bully: Scholarship Edition from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace and was met with : "Can't retrieve information from Xbox LIVE. Please try again later.     Status Code: 80169E16".

I have reset my console, my router, I've checked and recheck payment options, and I've Googled for quite a while now. RIght now people can buy things off the Marketplace but I can't, and this status code goes pretty much unexplained online. Anyone have any advice?

All Replies
    • Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Greetings, Shikarego! Sorry to hear you're having difficulty purchasing content. Do you see any error messages when you log on to https://billing.microsoft.com ? I would encourage you to read through this page and make sure all of your information is valid and up-to-date: forums.xbox.com/.../153161.aspx . If you still encounter the issue after trying these steps I would recommend getting in touch with phone support. They should be able to sort it out for you. Let me know how it goes!

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

• Level   2

I also had a problem downloading Bully and I have not been able to fixed it. It has been three days, I purchases Bully and the purchased went through (I was charged and the charged went through with my bank already). The problem is everytime I set the game to download it moves up to 1% completed, to stop downloading with the error message "Can't download Bully". Now I have tried clearing the system cache, I cancelled all downloads and re-download the game from Purchase History, I have also deleted my profile and recovered it, and finally I also have tried downloading the game through a wired connection. Now one thing I recently tried and I thought is weird is that I tried setting the download into instant queue to download using my laptop. Now when I got home and checked if it downloaded, I noticed on active downloads there was a message stating that this download assigned to  different system. I have gone through 3 xbox but I kept the hard drive (All 3 xbox had broken on me). Now I have downloaded other things in the past with my current console and this is the first time I had a problem downloading something from marketplace.

• Level   1

I am having the same problem. My billing is up to date and correct, but cannot download content. It's pretty annoying not being able to purchase content. Does Microsoft want my money or not?