This question is answered

Problem downloading Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD Edition

• Level   1

I bought MGS Peace Walker HD Edition, I was downloading it and when it reached 80%, it skipped to 100% and said the download was complete. But when I started the game, the screen freezes on black. I tried downloading the game again, but it happened the same, it just skipped to 80% and then to 100% and the game still freezes.

I deleted the game from my HDD and downloaded it again but it happened again. I contacted Xbox Support and they told me to delete the cache. I did it three times just to be sure and downloaded the game again but it still happened.

Maybe it was that when I cleared the cache (go to the HDD, press Y and select clear cache) I was downloading LA. Noire. I don't know if this was an error from my part, because the guy at support told me I had to download from scratch the game (because at the time I contacted him I was downloading it for the second time) if I clear the cache.

Please help me with this, I've trying to download the game for 2 days and my internet is kinda slow.

Verified Answer
  • Well, it looks like it's back on the store. Thanks for keeping us "updated".

All Replies
    • Level   4
    • Suggested Answer

Hello Theo,

delete MGS Peace Walker HD Edition,since you cant play it,clear your system cache and then re-download it from your download history.

Console steps: Download content again

1.Sign in to Xbox LIVE using the gamertag that you used when you originally purchased the content.

2.Press the Guide button on the controller.

3.Go to the Settings area, and then select Account Management.

4.Select Download History.

5.Select the item that you want to download.

6.Select Download Again.

• Level   1

I did all this and IT STILL HAPPENS.

Please, please help me with this, I'm really frustated with this download, this never happened to me before. I feel like I wasted $20.

• Level   1

Same thing with me downloaded played maybe 20min then tried to play it later and after i hit play game just sits in black screen. Redownloaded and cleared cache several times still black screen. I have the newest version xbox 360 and hardly use it so i know it aint my box. SO XBOX SUPPORT STOP FEEDING US BS with the redownload stuff and fix it or giveus our twenty dollars back.

• Level   1

Same here I purchased MGS:PW and was able to play for a while. then the game wouldn't load at all when i try and start all i get is a black screen. Ive tried playing offline, removing previous content, re-installing. its weird were all having the same issue around the same time..........

• Level   1

It's not a coincidence. There are others who have the same problem who've been looking for answers on forums. I've been investigating and there doesn't seem to be a known way to resolve the problem, so we're probably going to have to wait for a patch. I've contacted Xbox Support on Twitter but there's no reply yet so sadly we're going to have to wait and see :(

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

*Update. It works now. Xbox Support told me to clear my system cache (Just deletes game updates, no other data) and it works perfectly! Here's the link they sent me:

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

• Level   1

I'm at work or I would try :-(. Kix, did this work 4 u?

• Level   1

Actually, the fix for me was really stupid.

I never read in the marketplace that this was a DLC, I always thought MGS Peace Walker was a complete game (or maybe it is, I don't know). But after exhausting all options, I decided to play some MGS HD Collection, and it said it needed an update. When I updated it, I was suspicious, so I went back and started Peace Walker and... Voila! It worked. That was yesterday, today I tried to start the game but it froze on black screen. But I just had to restart, clear cache and it worked perfectly.

Also, MGS Peace Walker HD Edition just had a 3 MB update today, maybe it'll fix all the problems.

• Level   1

Update 2: Ok, this is getting really annoying XD My previous fix DOES work, but now I need to clear my cache EVERY TIME I start the game. Contacted Xbox support again to see if they know anything about it. The game probably needs a newer update, because it might be that the 3MB update is what's causing the problems for starting it again.

• Level   1

Problem solved: just downloaded profile again (You don't need to delete anything, just go to download profile when signing in on the dashboard) and everything works perfectly now! Sorry for the slight spam of messages/updates, but I thought it would help both you guys AND people who have the same problem! Good luck, guys!

• Level   1

Hi! well that you say aparoon not work for me, the only way i can play the game is if i delete the cache and then run the game, the game ask me for a update, acept and i can play, but if turning off the console and turning on, i cant play anymore, the same problem at the beginning, and i try to do what you say about download the profile but doesn't work with me, we need i solution for this, how you say is really annoying what need to do to play :(...

• Level   1

What do you mean re download the profile?

• Level   1

Delete your Xbox Live Profile and then redownload it. I don't know what it fixes, because I did this and I still have to clear my cache every single time I start the game.

Could at least Konami put an update that clears your cache every time you start the game? That would be WAY more convenient.

• Level   1

I live in the UK and exactly the same has happened to me, Xbox support have now refunded me, I should think that the problem lies with waiting for Konami to release a new patch to sort the problem out.

• Level   1

By the way, I just started the game and there's a new 2 MB update. Let's hope it fixes the problems.