This question has suggested answer(s)

Paypal 40001 error

• Level   2

Every time I try to purchace points or try to link my Paypal account to my Xbox Live account on the site, I keep getting the 40001 error.

I live in the netherlands and my account is set to this region, and I have waited more then 72 hours.

All Replies
    • Level   2

in between attempts

• Level   1

I also have this problem. Also with Paypal and living in the Netherlands. Even after 72 hours waiting it won't work! Please correct this.

• Level   1

I've got the same problem, also from the Nehterlands.

• Level   1

Same problem here.. when will Microsoft fix this? I've waited for a few weeks now.

• Level   2

I also try to get paypal on my XBOX but it give me this error i'am from the Netherlands so i think the problem is only here fix this problem Microsoft please i want to buy games for my XB

• Level   1

Same problem here.. thought I was the only one. First time I tried was saturday, and today I tried it again. Still no luck! MS please fix this!

• Level   S

I know of getting this error when adding your Paypal to your Xbox account, but are you getting this error when purchasing with Paypal as well? Are you seeing this online and/or on the console?

• Level   1

ik heb het zelfde probleem wil graag xbox live GOLD kopen maar t lukt niet... erg frustrerend!

• Level   1

We (or at least, I) can't add Paypal on the console. It says I need to visit xbox.com/accounts to do it there. Furthermore I get the error whatever I try, from adding it to buying points/live.

• Level   S

You have to add Paypal on Xbox.com. If you are getting the 40001 error when trying to add Paypal in the first place, please refer to our Payment Method Sticky for more information. If you are getting an error when trying to purchase points or content, please post here with the content you are trying to buy and the full error message/code you are getting.

• Level   1

Trying to add points using my paypal debit card and it is declined although there are funds in the account

• Level   1

Gwyther, no matter how many times you keep posting that link, it wont help us.

• Level   1

I get also 40001 error also from netherlands

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

I have the same problem, please pay attention.

• Level   1

same here, i could on July 30, but now i cannot, i removed my paypal account because i could not make any purchase with it.

I cannot add paypal account anymore? is there something with our account?

I live in Indonesia.

i tried with my sister who live in US, but same result, so it's not about ip address