This question has suggested answer(s)

2 times that refer a friend hasnt worked and bing rewards signup

• Level   2

promotion: xbox live refer a friend and bing rewards signup

dates: sometime in february and may

promo items: the maw, 400 microsoft points, 200 microsoft points

well my brother used his account scaredfearles to refer me to live back in february. although i never got an email or anything saying that he refered me and he never got an email either, even though i went gold. not to mention we didnt get our microsoft points. i tried it again about a week or 2 ago back in may on my friends account unseeingorange. he went gold and i havent recieved an email or anything so i can get the maw(which is what it promised to give me if i refered him and he went gold which he did)

i also tried out the promo i got in an email telling me that if i signed up for bing rewards i would get 200 microsoft points. im pretty sure it said it would send them to me in an email by june 6th or so (im not sure when exactly) and i havent gotten them yet

any help would be nice because i havent received word on any of those promotions since i tried them Sad

All Replies
    • Level   X

Hi! The rewards for trying Bing will be distributed 8 weeks from the end of the promotion, so there's still a bit to wait. :)

Now, as far as the Refer-a-friend promo, did you sign up via the email provided to you? Also, could you confirm if your friend signed up via that email? Thanks! :)

• Level   2

well my brother used his account to refer me to gold. he got a couple emails regarding referring people but they didnt really require any actual signing up. so when he went to refer me he just went straight to the website xbox.promo.eprize.com/referafriend  to do so. it even said that the referrals were complete. i did the same thing when i referred my friend. i went straight to the website and typed in the name with my windows ID logged in, however i didnt get any email confirmation saying i had done so. neither did my friend. he never got the email to refer people becuse he wasnt the one doing the referring, i was referring him to xbl

• Level   X

Alright, and just to make sure, both of you were over the age of 18, and located in the US?

• Level   2

yeah, me my friend and my brother all are over 18 and in the US. thank you for your help by the way :)

• Level   X

Of course!

Okay, let me take a look into this issue and get back to you. :)

• Level   2

Thanks I really appreciate it! :)

• Level   2

Sorry for the double post but its been about 3 days now and i haven't heard anything from you guys regarding this situation.

• Level   X

Totally understandable! Sorry for the late response.

Just to clarify, since I'm having trouble finding the correct info for you - when your brother referred you, did you click on a link in the mail, and sign up right then? Or at another time?

• Level   2

Well when he referred me I didn't receive any email. However he used the advertisement link provided from HIS email to actually refer me. Same with my friend. I never received any actual confirmation that his account referred me. I even waited three days and nothing happened. So i simply upgraded my account. The link in his email led him directly to the refer a friend website, Where he typed in my gamertag and hit refer.

• Level   X
    • Suggested Answer

In order for the referral to be counted, you would have needed the email with a link that you would click. Unfortunately, since it sounds like you didn't get the email, the referral didn't go through.