This question is answered

Can't Join Live Rewards

• Level   2

Every time I try to join Live Rewards it says I need an Xbox Live account but I already have one and I'm a Gold Member, I have been for a while. I've tried different browsers different computers contacting Xbox support clearing cache/cookies everything i know to do but still can't join. It's like it's not seeing my email as being linked to my gamertag which it is. I've checked under windows id on xbox and it's there and also online when i log in it shows my gamertag and that im gold. I'm at a total loss as to why it won't let me join. any help would be greatly appreciated. The xbox support people just forwarded me here because they couldn't figure it out either.

Verified Answer
    • Level   S
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hey Solace! It looks like the manual registration worked and your account was up and running yesterday! :)

All Replies
    • Level   2

Can anyone offer any help? I'm still getting the same message and unable to join.

• Level   2

have you changed your windows ID recently ?

• Level   2

naw still using the same email i have been for years.  the support reps verified that my email and gamertag were still linked also. on xbox.com and on xbox under windows live id they still both show my same email.

• Level   2

Same thing is happening to me. I've been a member since January btu it si still saying that I am not a member ever since I got the email asking me to join. Can someone please help me!!!

• Level   2

This seems to be happening to several people. The only thing I'd suggest you do is change your email to something simple (account1@yahoo.com) or something similar to that, change your other info to match that, then join the program. Afterwards you SHOULD be able to change your email back and still get on

• Level   2

Thanks Seterian, but I was hoping to have someone find out why this isn't working first. I might try that as a last resort, but knowing my luck that might not work either. That and having to wait days for it to take effect in the system. But doesn't look like I'm getting much progress so I'll prolly give that a go next week sometime.

• Level   X

Hello Solace! Thank you for your post. Has the website ever recognized you as a Rewards member, or has it always given you this message?

• Level   2

It has always given me this message. I've been trying to join since last Monday or Tuesday. I've never been a member though. My friends just told me about the program last week.

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

Alright, thanks for the information Solace. We're going to forward this to the Rewards team, who should be able to get this straightened out. Please stay tuned for an update, and feel free to post back if we haven't responded by mid-week. :-)

• Level   S

The Rewards team has now got all your information :)

• Level   2

Thank you annd I hope you can fix the problem.

• Level   S

Hey Chaos, if you're new to this thread I'll ask you to create your own for the best help possible! It sounds like you might just be the OP using a different GT though, either way -- Solace, have you recently changed your Gamertag, perhaps multiple times in a short period of time? Let us know :)

• Level   2

Im having the same problem, please help. I have been a Gold member for 5 days and will not recogonise me, Support have told me via livechat i'm entitled to be part of the rewards programme. Ive tried the twitter feed but no answer, please help..

• Level   2

Henanigans no i haven't changed my gamertag in years. I changed it once but it was years ago not long after i made the account.

• Level   2

Henanigans I'm also wondering does the rewards system show my email already registered? The message I'm getting makes it seem as if my email is already in the rewards system but not linked to my gamertag which is really strange.