This question has suggested answer(s)

0xc1010090 Windows 8 tablet

• Level   1

Hello,

I have a windows 8 tablet (acer w510) but when I use Xbox Music after a couple of minutes I have

a message error 0xc1010090 .

This is very enoying because the music stops.

On my desktop and laptop there is no problem.

Can anyone help me?

All Replies
    • Level   1

also want to note that this issue was separate from yesterdays issues of xbox live going down

• Level   1

Yup address this issue now...its on another ms forum too and tech support had us clear the store cache and redownload Xbox music.  Of course nothing.  

• Level   1

Someone on the other thread said he turned off Xbox cloud and it worked for him.  Does NOT work.  But try anyway...may work for one two songs then quit

• Level   1

The same problem here, Asus vivo tab smart. There's no problem with my mobile and music pass, only on my tablet.. It's a real pain, it stop playback after every song. So how long does it take to fix this, how long are we asked to uninstall and reinstall the app or to do something else as clever before the actual resolution takes place? It's now been more than what, two months, since this thread was created, don't know about other threads or when the problem was first reported, so I assume this has not even been prioritised yet to be fixed?..

• Level   S

Hi everyone! 

I know this is a frustrating issue, and I apologize for any inconvenience it has caused you. 

That being said, I have another recommendation for you to try. I would like you all to make sure your RT devices are on your Music Device list. Check out this article on Xbox Music Pass for computers and devices if you need any reference.

Keep me posted. 

• Level   1

Sorry mister ohnaka but that was an awful stall technique.  If the license weren't there we couldn't download or hear more than 30 sec clips.

99.90. Service is broken.

• Level   1

is this a known issue to Microsoft? no offence to all the techs who have been giving us suggestions but it seems pretty clear that there is an issue with this app and mobile ARM and ATOM processors...after reading through all of these forms and my own experiences on all five of my tablets now, there is clearly an issue with the app on these devices, and honestly I think it has something to do with either timing of the app maybe reading the DRM and allowing the song to play. something is different with my subscription music on the xbox vs the zune side...Zune plays perfectly on my Acer iconia w510 Intel Atom. but that same song downloaded or streamed the the xbox always fail, ive also noticed its slow hitting next track, and if you hit next track to fast too many times it gets an error. zune doesn't do that on the same tablet. lastly my Zune music can play through windows media player. Xbox's cant which is why I think its something different about the DRM and its causing performance issues on low powered processors...is anybody at Microsoft noticing this?

• Level   1

Agree 100 percent it appear a timing thing.  You can almost see it starting too late to kick the next song then smack.  I've looked at registry for possible areas to tweak but not many options.  

• Level   1

I've been trying every thing to see what it is that's causing this, I feel like giving up, because no matter how many forms I post in or how many emails I send, nor how many different tablets I try its always the same thing with this freaking music app

• Level   1

im just curious, is anybody having this problem on non DRM music, music not from Xbox but your playing it on the Xbox app? also do you notice a difference in the apps behavior if its in stand by mode verses power on? I noticed that if the screen iis off my music stops after 30 secs or so as soon as I hit the power button instead of stopping after the song has completely finished playing

• Level   1

I'm having this problem too on a hp envy x2. The error message (0xc1010090) appears every time the app tries to move to the next song in an album or playlist with both my own music and streamed music. There is also a problem with the playback options button which when clicked is completely blank. I have tried uninstalling it twice. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

• Level   1

Anybody fix this issue yet?  I've done everything and I still cannot sync.

• Level   1

I'm sick of being ignored!  How can they not at least say something

• Level   1

Same exact issue SolvingFeline31...and I think that's the case for all of us, I've tried everything and Microsoft appears to be completely ignoring the issue but taking our money the have no problem with that, they could at least say we're working on it...something to give is a lil hope and patience but I'm honestly thinking should I keep paying for this crap? And its so obvious its an issue with the mobile processors from reading through the threads...

• Level   1

Jathomas....that is all I want is someone from MS to say "we got it we are working it". Luckily on these tabs we can install spotify, Zune, or radio and stream, but I didn't pay 99.90 to do that