This question has suggested answer(s)

Bad quality

• Level   2

Hi.

I've just changed from a fat old TV to a significantly newThe problem is that it is a very poor quality of the screen. I probably can not use HDTV (I get blue screen andonly hear the sound) I do not think that anyone who can not use the HDTV must have such a bad image so the text in many games is unreadable.
Are there any solutions to the problem or have I simply live with the problem?
Sincerely

All Replies
    • Level   8

What is your TV and what cable are you using?

Got a question? Just ask. 
    • Level   2

Im using the cable included with xbox 360 and i have a Toshiba Regza.

• Level   8

The cables that come with the 360 out of the box are not HD.  You need either an HDMI or component cable to get a better picture.  When you use this new HD cable be sure to set it to 720p.  Until you do that, the picture will continue to be of poor quality.

• Level   2

I already think i got one. It included that to (i think) I can switch between tv and HDTV on it. but i get black/blue screen then.

• Level   8

Are you sure you've put the the cables into the correct ports on your TV?  If you don't put them in the correct colour coded ports, you'll get rather odd colours on your TV screen.  If that still doesn't work, the cable may be faulty.  If your 360 isn't one of the realy old models, it should support HDMI, buy one of those. Far easier to set up.

• Level   2

I got it at christmas 2009. A HDMI component was included.

• Level   2

Maybe my tv dont support HD? But still, i got better quality on the 10 year old TV then the 3 year old i have now.

• Level   8

cqraven

Maybe my tv dont support HD? But still, i got better quality on the 10 year old TV then the 3 year old i have now.

Well if your TV is a Toshiba Regza and it's only three years old it will support HD.  If your TV didn't support HD on the component cable, you wouldn't get a picture at all when you plugged it in.

There are only two possible reasons why the colours are wrong with this cable:

1.  You have not inserted the coloured cables into the correct connectors on your TV. There is red, blue and green video plugs, and two white and red audio plugs.  These must be inserted into the corresponding plugs on your TV, or the picture will be the wrong colour.

2.  One or more of the video cables is faulty.  All of the video cables must be in working order, or the picture will be the wrong colour.

Could you tell me the exact model number of your TV please?  It will be on the manual or on the back of the set.

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

Please try this. This may or may not help your issue. Going from a Old TV to a newer TV can be a problem.

1. Go to System Settings
    2. Then go to Console Settings
    3. Click Display
    4. Click HDTV Settings
    5. Choose the highest quality available
    Please let me know if this works properly or not.

[Removed]

• Level   2

The colors are not wrong. Just poor quality. At the component i can switch between HDTV and TV. Having it on tv works fine but when i change it HDTV i only get blue/black screen (i think its the same thing) and i only hear sound. Also/black screen only the lowest setting work.

• Level   2

I just notice i got HDMI input at my tv.  

I dont think this is a HDMI component as i tought.

Does it Usually follow a HDMI component with xbox 360?

• Level   2

"HDMI component" doesn't mean anything with respect to cabling. There is HDMI cabling. There is Component cabling. The two don't mix.

What you're holding up is a Component/Composite cable with a red/green/blue cabling cluster and a yellow/white/red cabling cluster on the other end. My guess is you have the slider on that cable switched to regular video mode. You want it in HDTV mode.

Chances are you have things mis-plugged in the back of your TV.

Get out your flashlight. Get behind your TV. Carefully plug in the red/green/blue cable cluster to the red/green/blue video input on your TV. Find the yellow/red/white cluster. Carefully plug in the white and red cables to the audio input that goes with the TV's red/green/blue cluster.

Note that there are two red RCA plugs on the XBOX's Component/Composite cable. Make sure you plug the correct red cable into the TV's video input and the other one into the audio input.

• Level   3

Or you could go out and buy a HDMI cable and plug this straight into the HDMI slot on your telly.  The HDMI cables are not all that expensive,

• Level   2

o-u-t  s-i-d-e? no just joking, i guess i have to buy a HDMI cable to read the text in games :P

Thanks all for help.

• Level   3

lol no problem sounds like that's the way forward :D