This question is answered

Factory Resetting Xbox 360 Slim 250GB

• Level   1

Hey everyone,

After hours of searching on-line I've decided to try here... Well, my problem is that my former room mate tried to link my Xbox to his PC through the Media Centre thing. I followed the guide on the site and uninstalled the connection on the PC and disconnected on the Xbox end, but his PC still is listed on my Xbox. Now hear me out... It shows up even though he's moved away and isn't connected to the same router. I've tried everything, resetting the router, formatting my hard drive (I could have slit my wrists when this one didn't work as now I have to download all my marketplace content and install all my games) etc. but his PC is always there when I go into Video/Music/Picture library. The only thing I haven't been able to do is actually factory reset my Xbox. I've tried all the button combos etc. on the System Info screen etc. but none of them have worked. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

KD.

Verified Answer
    • Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hey folks,

Finally got it sorted. I tried the reset codes available around the net and decided to try again with the controller wired instead of wireless, with no avail. Took the disc out, and it worked! So it seems that it requires you at least have nothing in the disc drive, and possibly have your controller directly connected to the console. Annoying listing is gone!

Thankyou to those that tried to help. Your effort is appreciated.

Regards,

KD.

All Replies
    • Level   2

@ II Daed II go to your network setting click on configure network move your left stick to the right and the down to where it say Restore to Factory Defaults that will  reset your Xbox

• Level   1

@ ComfyCool Man4 all that did was reset my network settings. The PC is still listed in my Video/Music/Picture libraries. Thanks for trying though dude.

I found elsewhere that connecting to another Windows Media Centre PC will REPLACE the listed PC, but I want to remove the listing entirely. If Microsoft can't offer a way to reset the thing, I'll do it myself with the sole of my boot and get a new one under the extended warranty I took on it :).

• Level   1

For some reason, the PC just stays there even though it is in no way connected to the Xbox. There's not really a way to remove it without totally resetting to the Kernal. Its just not worth it, you're probably just going to have to live with it.

• Level   1

what code worked?