This question has suggested answer(s)

my new 250gb xbox i sblowing out hot air when i first used it

• Level   1

i got my new xbox for chrsitmas and i tried to see if it works and it does i had it on the carpet and checked thr fan and it was blowing out hot air is it normal because its new or is something wrong with it plz help

All Replies
    • Level   1

plz help me with this

• Level   1

It's normal. It happens with me too.

• Level   3

iLucasss x

i got my new xbox for chrsitmas and i tried to see if it works and it does i had it on the carpet and checked thr fan and it was blowing out hot air is it normal because its new or is something wrong with it plz help

It is perfectly normal, mine does as well, when you think of the heat that your console generates and then the fan is pushing that heat out of the xbox.  Which will then feel like it is blowing hot air.  Don't worry :oD

• Level   3

iLucasss x

It is perfectly normal, mine does as well, when you think of the heat that your console generates and then the fan is pushing that heat out of the xbox.  Which will then feel like it is blowing hot air.  Don't worry :oD

• Level   4

The air is meant to be hot air.  A common misconception is that the fans are meant to blow air INSIDE the XBOX, which is wrong, the fans are meant to TAKE OUT the hot air inside the XBOX.

-

A good tip is make sure your XBOX has plenty of space so it doesn't get hot and do not put your XBOX on the carpet/ground as theres a lot of dust and that dust WILL get inside the XBOX which could shorten its lifetime or even worse; damage it.

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

its true the hotter the air it blows out the cooler it is on the CPU and GPU

• Level   1

this was when i just took it out of the box and turned it on and put a game into it it got hot stragiht away for being on for a couplr of mins i counldnt feel no air coming out of it either just buring hot

• Level   6

iLucasss x
    this was when i just took it out of the box and turned it on and put a game into it it got hot stragiht away

Yes, that's because the CGPU is under load.
    for being on for a couplr of mins i counldnt feel no air coming out of it either just buring hot
    Your first post said it was blowing. Now you say it wasn't. Which is it?

The exhaust temperature on a 360 S is around 115-135 F. That's what I've measured with an indoor/outdoor themometer probe placed on the grating over the fan. The exhaust temperature on a Jasper 360 (last generation of old console) is 95F.

As long as the fan is blowing, it's fine. If the fan is not blowing, that's a bad sign.