This question has suggested answer(s)

XBOX 360 no sound only video on HDMI

• Level   2

My XBOX 360 was working properly but since I took a new TV LG LED it has stopped working properly. It displays only video and there is no audio. I am using HDMI cord to connect the console to TV. Any suggestion/solution.

All Replies
    • Level   8

Have you tried connecting it to another TV to see if you get audio?

• Level   2

it works on my old LG Plasma tv

• Level   8

Ok, have you checked this article here? support.xbox.com/.../connect-xbox-360-console-tv

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

Hi, I have the same problem intermittently as well. It work sometimes OK and other times not. I have tried 3 separate cables and all suffer the same problem. If it starts off working it seems to stay working but if it doesn't work to start with you don't seem to be able to get it going. I have been trying to turn the console on 1st then the TV and the other way around but haven't found a definite answer at this point. The Xbox is a XBox 360 S Kinect and the TV is a Vivo. Any ideas anyone ?? Sorry if I butted in on this conversation but it seemed the most logical space to put this.

• Level   5

Have you tried resetting the video / audio settings on the Xbox? If not try doing this. Turn off the console and restart it using the controller. During start up hit "Y" and the Right Trigger at the same time. Do this until the console restarts.

• Level   1

Hi iRayDawg,

Thanks for the reply. I will try this if it stops again. After posting, I continued searching further and found an answer in another thread somewhere and they suggested changing a setting in the console Video settings to Disable Discovery mode. Previously when this was enabled it would show DVI and not HDMI. They said that DVi does not carry sound - which made sense with the issue I had. So I have Disabled Discovery mode and set to 1080i resolution and set the Audio to digital stereo and so far all is working but will wait and see if it continues.

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

Worked perfectly for me once I tried it, but the screen looks awful once you change it.

Edit; scratch that, the 1080i looks great.