This question has suggested answer(s)

How do I delete a user profile from the console?

• Level   1

Hello, We created 3 profiles on the console before setting up XBox Live accounts.  When I downloaded the "Live" profiles, they added 3 more, instead of merging with the first three.  So how do I delete the first three?  This XBox makes me feel like a complete idiot. 

All Replies
    • Level   6
    • Suggested Answer

Hi,

From the main Dashboard screen, go over to the right heading under "Settings".
    Select "System", then "Storage".
    Select "Hard Drive".
    Select "Gamer Profiles".
    Select the Gamer Profile you would like to delete. You are given the options "Delete Profile Only" or "Delete Profile with Items". Both options descriptions are listed in the pop-up.

• Level   1

Thanks for the answer to my issue as well =)

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

Also, to be sure that your profile is deleted, Please do the following:

Select "System"

Select "Storage"

Hover over your "Hard Drive"

Press "Y"

Select "Clear System Cache"

This will make sure it is 100% deleted.

First follow "A for Amnesty" step by step guide, then do mine.

• Level   2

Hello , only  i recomend delete profiles , before you engage your real profile , the other  steps is explained up.Thanks

• Level   1

I am having an issue with deleting a profile. I have my xbox live account ( gold ), but I also have set

Up 2 other accounts but not as live accounts so my little boy can play with his buddy on my xbox

Now the trouble being is that his friend created another profile as player 1. I want to delete player 1

From the xbox but I keep getting an error message saying that this profile cannot be deleted. Also

If I try to move the profile to the thumb drive it also tells me I cannot move this account, all this happens

when I am signed into my gold account. What am I doing wrong

• Level   1

Are you signed into the player 1 account when trying to delete it, or are you signed into your account when trying to delete it?

• Level   1

me too!!!  Why can't you just get on a computer and play a game anymore?!?

• Level   4

Hey there

Welcome to the forums

Unfortunately this is an old thread, which means problem is most likely resolved by now. Please be sure to check the dates stamped at the top of the threads and the individual posts. There is also a link in which tells you how to use these forums. Please click it bellow

forums.xbox.com/.../509841.aspx

If you need assistance, please be sure to start a new thread detailing everything you have done so far to try and resolve the issue you are having, as well as the issue its self. From there, others can try and assist you more

Regards,

Xbox Live Ambassador | Xbox Enforcement United

Articles I have published on answers.microsoft.com

Getting started with the Xbox Music Application on Windows 8.1

• Level   1

Will this delete my account forever? Or will it take it off the XBOX console?

• Level   1

Hello Bluecastlelump

This will remove it from the Console you can re-download it again if need be. :)

• Level   3
    • Suggested Answer

Go to ' System Settings' > 'Storage' > Select Storage Device > 'Profiles' > Press 'A' on account not wanted > 'Delete'

• Level   1

Thank's for the helpful info!