This question is answered

xbox 360 slim Red light (no error message)

• Level   1

Hi im a proud owner of an xbox 360 slim, recently i touched the power button and only a red light appeared, no error message, only a black screen

it wont move from there. What should i do? Whats wrong with it? 

Please Help Me

Verified Answer
    • Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hey guys, as TwiiKz said do not attempt the towel trick because that could cause the Xbox to over heat, also a over heating problem would be indicated on the Xbox 360 S by two red lights and would automatically shut down. So at this point, one red light usually means there is a issue with the HDD, so try removing the HDD and see if the console works without issues. If it in fact does, it could mean that the HDD is faulty. Also try disconnecting and reconnecting all the cables both on the console, power supply and wall.

All Replies
    • Level   4
    • Suggested Answer

If you have not already, could you please ensure that all of your cables are in correctly. Please ensure the cable going into the back of the Xbox, going into the power block and the plug itself is in securely.

It sounds like one of your wires going from your Xbox to the plug is slightly loose.

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

im having the same problem as you. it doesnt seem to be the cables though, it could be the HDD or an overheating problem. im currently trying to do the towel trick with it, as i know it worked on the old 360...

• Level   1

Whats the towel trick DiscoStu??

• Level   1

Haha, do not try the towel trick as it will destory your xbox

• Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hey guys, as TwiiKz said do not attempt the towel trick because that could cause the Xbox to over heat, also a over heating problem would be indicated on the Xbox 360 S by two red lights and would automatically shut down. So at this point, one red light usually means there is a issue with the HDD, so try removing the HDD and see if the console works without issues. If it in fact does, it could mean that the HDD is faulty. Also try disconnecting and reconnecting all the cables both on the console, power supply and wall.

• Level   X

Just to echo iRayDawg and TwiiKz - attempting to purposely overheat your console will result in console damage, and render your console ineligible for official repair by Microsoft. Please try the steps above re: removing the HDD.

Emily - Program Manager @ Xbox, Xbox One Preview Program

• Level   1

I have the same problem, I take out the HDD and nothing, then I disconnect them and reconnect the cables, but nothing the red dot still in there. please help me...

• Level   S

Hey KR1PTON117! Can I please have you create a new thread in this forum detailing what you've experienced and anything you've tried to resolve the issue. Thanks! :)

• Level   1

Try taking hdd out and then play mine works but put hdd

Back in and get red light back  i paid £80 for new one as the operator

Said that is what it was  sending mine in

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

Try taking hdd out and then play mine works but put hdd

Back in and get red light back  i paid £80 for new one as the operator

Said that is what it was   sending mine in