This question has suggested answer(s)

320 Gig hard drive for the fat Xbox 360??!?!!

• Level   1
As of right now I have the Modern Warfare 2 Xbox 360 console with a 250 gig hard drive. Surprisingly I am almost out of memory from downloading full games an movies. I bought a slim the first week it came out in 2010 and immediately it broke. It got a power brick error and then the dot of death, so I sold it and bought my MW2 console back from my friend. I do not have the money right now to buy a slim so I can get a 320 gig hard drive, nor do I want one because of what happened to my last one. What I'm wondering is... I found a 320 gig hard drive for the regular 360 console on eBay. This company from hong kong makes them. They have 20, 60, 120, 250, and 320 gig hard drives for really cheap and I want to get one , but I'm afraid of my console getting banned by using it since its not an "official" microsoft product. Can I or will I get banned by using the hard drive? Because Microsoft dropped the older console in a hole and buried it 6 feet under and have not made anything new for the older 360! Please let me know ASAP!
All Replies
    • Level   1

I do not believe you will get banned considering the fact that you can now use external hard drives to store data. I would say just go for getting an external hard drive if it is cheaper.

[mod removed - please keep signatures to less than 125 pixels in height per forum guidelines. Thanks!]

^Made by Me^

• Level   X
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there GEEKED - while you would not be suspended for using a third-party accessory (unless that accessory is designed specifically to violate the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use), we would caution you against using third party hard drives as not all features that require an official Microsoft Xbox 360 Hard Drive would be enabled.

Emily - Program Manager @ Xbox, Xbox One Preview Program