This question is not answered

WRW01 - XBox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel with Force Feedback will not connect to newer console

• Level   1

I have a WRW01 that will connect to my older console but it will not connect to a newer console. I'm able to connect other old controllers to the newer console, but the WRW01 will not connect. Why the incompatibility?

All Replies
    • Level   X

Hello Methodic! There should be no incompatibility. Do you have another newer console you can test syncing your Wireless Racing Wheel with?

• Level   1

I do not have another newer console to test on. I have two consoles. The WRW01 works on a console manufactured on 12/6/2007, but it does not work on the newer console manufactured on 3/1/2011.

• Level   X

What's the enviornment like where the new console is setup? Could there possibly be anything around it that is interfering?

• Level   1

The new XBox 360 is in a basement area below the first floor room where the older XBox 360 is located. I have tried connecting the WRW01 from 6' away I have tried from 6" away. I have my work laptop computer and another Windows Vista computer nearby. All devices are hard-wired into the network. The wireless router for the home is on the first floor in the furthest corner from this location.

When the XBox 360 upstairs is plugged in the WRW01 will communicate with it from the basement. In an attempt to switch it over I have unplugged the upstairs XBox 360.

I have also been successful in taking one of my other older XBox 360 controllers from upstairs XBox 360 and adding it instead as a controller to the downstairs XBox 360. There are no more than two controllers connected to either XBox 360.