This question has suggested answer(s)

My XBox has been having a lot of problems lately.

• Level   2

As the title says, my white XBox has been having some problems lately. Games have been randomly freezing, my controllers randomly stop responding in the middle of playing games, my Xbox is freezing, and I am losing connection to online games. What should I do?

All Replies
    • Level   1

The freezing means (most of the time) that your console is going to Red Ring. The connection issues could have many variables. What controller do you have? Wireless or Wired?

I know how the 360 works. Still learning though!

Got a question? DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK!

• Level   2

Some things answered should definitely clear me up and make me more able to answer. What kinda of controllers are you using? How old is your xbox or what kind is it? ( Arcade, New xbox, etc. ) What kind of a setup do you have as far as your cables go for visuals and audio? ( HDMI, Component,  AV ) And what kind of a connection are you on?

• Level   2

I am using wireless controllers with play and charge kits. It's the white original Xbox and it's about 3 or 4 years old. I am playing on HDMI and I'm on a wireless connection.

• Level   1

Besides the obvious checking of batteries, is there anything blocking the signals? Is there anything blocking the wireless adapter? And with the age of the 360, it sounds as if it's going to Red Ring, unless you fixed it before. The batteries may be getting old for the controller also.

I know how the 360 works. Still learning though!

Got a question? DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK!

• Level   8
    • Suggested Answer

It does sound like an Xbox that is on it's last legs I'm afraid. Three or four years is quite impressive for an early model Xbox 360.

Got a question? Just ask.