This question is answered

XBOX 360 150W Jasper POWER SUPPLY BRICK AC ADAPTER

• Level   2

I am having an issue with my power supply brick ac adapter on my elite xbox360.

Question will a  XBOX 360 150W Jasper POWER SUPPLY BRICK AC ADAPTER. Work on any xbox360? What doese the jasper mean? I asked a seller abought he said its an xbox mode dont know what he meant. Was wondrin if i need one that dont say jasper.

Verified Answer
    • Level   8
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Ben Gates ddr

Question will a  XBOX 360 150W Jasper POWER SUPPLY BRICK AC ADAPTER. Work on any xbox360? What doese the jasper mean? I asked a seller abought he said its an xbox mode dont know what he meant. Was wondrin if i need one that dont say jasper.

What is the specific issue that you are having with your Power Supply for your Elite Xbox 360?

If there is a specific issue, and for reference, what is the color of the LED Status on the power brick indicating?

• Green - Power Good
    • Orange - Standby
    • Red - Fault Alarm 

As for what Jasper means. Jasper was simply a codename for a revision to the Xbox 360 internal chipset and other improvements put in place in September 2008. Namely implementing a 65 nm CPU and GPU, reduced power consumption as a result, and introducing 256 MB of on-board flash memory.

• Level   7
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

You can do what Nimahan says and look at the sticker on the back or look at the power socket on the console and compare it to the following image:

360psu.jpg

Just so you know, the 150W PSU for Jaspers will only work on Jasper consoles whereas the 203W PSU for Xenon/Zephyr will work on all Xbox 360 models bar the Slim consoles.

"You see that 2 next to my name?" ~ Maxen13

• Level   7
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

If your console is definately a Jasper then all the Original Xbox 360 PSU's will work on your console, the 203W, 175W and 150W. So back to your original question, yes the 150W PSU will work with your console as long as yours is a Jasper. Do not use a drill or anything to make the wrong PSU fit as they won't be able to properly supply the required power. I'm not sure if you were or not but by PSU I am reffering to the power brick, if you have looked up for a 150W PSU you may of found a PC PSU.

All Replies
    • Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

Microsoft only supports official Xbox accessories, so I would buy the official brand that we can trust rather than buying cheap knock offs which are not always guaranteed to work.

However, if you want to identify your Xbox as a Jasper console What you need to do is read the specs near the MADE IN CHINA.

12V----16,5 A = Xenon/Zephyr

12V---14,2A = Opus/Falcon

12V---12,1A = Jasper

12V ---10,83A = Trinity (Valhalla)

12V --- 9,86A = Corona.

• Level   8
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Ben Gates ddr

What is the specific issue that you are having with your Power Supply for your Elite Xbox 360?

If there is a specific issue, and for reference, what is the color of the LED Status on the power brick indicating?

• Green - Power Good
    • Orange - Standby
    • Red - Fault Alarm 

As for what Jasper means. Jasper was simply a codename for a revision to the Xbox 360 internal chipset and other improvements put in place in September 2008. Namely implementing a 65 nm CPU and GPU, reduced power consumption as a result, and introducing 256 MB of on-board flash memory.

• Level   2

The light is green. Sorry i did not specify what its doin. Its making noise like how do i describe. A loud humming noise. When you fittle with it it goes nuts with loud noises. Is this uncommon for these? Yes its an official one. The one that came with the consol. Anyway the one i bought says FOR MICROSOFT XBOX 360 150W Jasper POWER SUPPLY BRICK AC ADAPTER.  So this one is a unofficial one.

So how do i identify the consol as a jasper? settings or what? please tell me the steps? will it confuse the cosole plugging in this jasper one and ruin it b4 identifying as a jasper? Oh man sounds like i shoulda got one that did not say jasper. Should i just send the jasper one back,and get a non jasper?

• Level   2

Please refer to my post, you need to look for a list of specs on the bottom of your console near the 'MADE IN CHINA'

• Level   7
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

You can do what Nimahan says and look at the sticker on the back or look at the power socket on the console and compare it to the following image:

360psu.jpg

Just so you know, the 150W PSU for Jaspers will only work on Jasper consoles whereas the 203W PSU for Xenon/Zephyr will work on all Xbox 360 models bar the Slim consoles.

• Level   2

well well my consol plug looks just like the 2008 jasper with the top and middle dividers. OH and my brick adapter is a 12v 150w. I just looked at a PSU one and the plug doese not match mine. The jasper one doese hmm.

• Level   1

If you have a drill you could always just drill a small hole for the xenon/zefor units

• Level   7
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

If your console is definately a Jasper then all the Original Xbox 360 PSU's will work on your console, the 203W, 175W and 150W. So back to your original question, yes the 150W PSU will work with your console as long as yours is a Jasper. Do not use a drill or anything to make the wrong PSU fit as they won't be able to properly supply the required power. I'm not sure if you were or not but by PSU I am reffering to the power brick, if you have looked up for a 150W PSU you may of found a PC PSU.

• Level   1

Derp yea I forgot about that but if you still have a functioning zepher unit I am impressed as they had some seriously bad overheating problems but as I best remember aloft these psu's operate in constant voltage/current source mode operation so a zepher will work for any if the models just be careful with non-licensed hardware as it can use lower quality components /less power regulation and could potentially fry your 360

• Level   2

Mines a jasper and i got a jasper Brick for it so this is good,agreed? Oh btw and its plugged in and working. Its not a microsoft made one so gulp* This brick gets warmer than the microsoft one. Hope it dont cook my consol. It should not  correct? since the consol and brick are jaspers.

• Level   1

Well Microsoft power supplies are buck type meaning they take in a higher voltage (like 24 volts) from a transformer and step it down via turning it on and off very fast then feeding it into a inductor. This process results in higher regulation efficiency your psu is most likely linearly regulated meaning they  take a voltage close to the needed voltage and whatever voltage isn't needed just gets dropped as heat I would keep a close eye on it those things can have  regulatory problems as well as heat issues

• Level   2

Well at least theres no chance the jasper brick will fry the consol.Now you got me a little concerned the brick might cook though. Also im a simple speaking man and am not on the same page as geofox. I only got a high school diploma and i bearly got that. I had to be tutored through algerbra, did i spel/type algerbra right?. Never learned to type either as you can see. Also why did my microsoft brick go bad? making grring noises like a florecent light balast abought to go.

• Level   1

Umm that's either the transformer(not good) or the buck regulator chip(very bad) in either case its dead and without some knowledge of the regulation circuitry and a soldering iron it is unfixable . Um basically to drop price linear regulation is used due to its inexpensiveness while buck chips can cost significantly more for the same amperage (plus the microsoft markup:-)  )

• Level   7

Some things just break after being used for a while, it depends on which component fails inside the power brick. It's unfortunate but simply happens.

As for your non-official power brick, it depends on the brick itself whether or not is can damage the console as some may be designed to a similar standard as Microsoft's power bricks whereas others are not similar. I don't think your console will get damaged unless the power brick isn't good at regulating power and protecting against power surges. At the end of the day, I would recommend buying an official power brick for the console whenever you can to protect the system from any faults from the non-official power brick.

• Level   3
    • Suggested Answer

The reason your Power Brick is making a humming noise, is because inside of the power brick. Is a little fan, this fan keeps your Power Brick at the correct temperature. If your power brick gets hot, the fans RPM will increase and it will make a humming sound because your XBOX Power Brick Fan is cooling down your Power Brick. Nothing to worry about unless it's a roaring sound.

OFFICIAL XBOX LIVE AMBASSADOR, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME IF YOU NEED HELP!