This question is answered

forgotten family settings password

• Level   1

I bought an xbox 360 at a pawn shop and it has a password on it that we don't know. Is there anyway to bypass this or reset the console to get the password off? If it can be reset please tell me where the reset button is. thanks

Verified Answer
  • You'll need to call phone support at 1-800-4MY-XBOX (1-800-469-9269).

Xbox 360 S owner since 9/3/10 ~~~ Xbox One owner since 6/16/14

Xbox One games I'm excited for - Destiny, Halo 5: Guardians, Master Chief Collection, Homefront: Revolution, Sunset Overdrive, Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Division, Arkham Knight, Quantum Break, Ori & the Blind Forest, Inside, Dying Light, Metro Redux

• Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

The reset varies depending on the serial number and is completely different for each console. You will need to call support to get your personal reset code.

If you have any problems after that then you may also want to check if your console has been banned, which is a possibility when buying used from places like pawn shops. You should do this if you can after you have obtained your reset code.

The way to do this is:

1) Remove hard drive and any memory cards

2) Don't log in to any profiles. (Which you can't as you have removed hard drive)

3) Go to system settings.

4) Network Settings

5) Click Test Xbox Live Connection and wait for it to finish

6) If you get a message to update system, do not update. Click no update.

7) Test connection should have failed, check cancel.

8) Press Y and you should see a list of numbers and codes.

If Z says 8015-1002, then you have not been banned and should be fine.Update as normal after that.

If Z says 8015 -190D then your console has been banned. You will not be able to play on Live and I would suggest taking your xbox back to the pawn shop.

All Replies
    • Level   1

If u reset it .It won't work on ur family settings.

• Level   1

What if you have no family setting but it keeps asking you for the 4 digit passcode?