This question is answered

can't move my profile to usb

• Level   4

i've got two profiles on my xbox, one is my main account and another is a throwaway. i want to move my main account to my flash drive, but i keep getting a "can't perform action" error message. to test if something was wrong, i attempted to move my throwaway account and had no problem.

can anyone explain why this is happening, and how to fix it?

Verified Answer
    • Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

I forgot to mark it as suggested answer and since I somehow cant edit my own post...

Do I simply post it again :)

I had the very same problem. In my case was it the Auto-Login feature of my account that prevented me from moving my Profile from my HDD to my USB.

If you have the Auto-Login feature for your account enabled do you need to disable it.

Profile -> Sign-in preferences -> Profile Auto Sign-In off

Once you changed it restart/reboot xbox and transfer your Profile.

I hope this can help you guys...

Please dont forget to rate.

Cheers,

D4RK V3NOM

All Replies
    • Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

Are you by any chance logged into your main when you try to move it? You can't move the profile your currently logged in with.

I can actually spell. I just use a faulty keypad.

• Level   4

no, it makes me sign out before i can do anything.

• Level   6

You could try deleting your Gamertag (If it is an Xbox Live account) and then re-downloading it to your USB stick?

XBOX LIVE Ambassador and Enforcement United

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

Hi there. Sorry my last answer was not of any help. I am just wondering though, how much memory does your USB have? And does the size of your profile exceed that? I know it's a silly question but I'm just trying to eliminate any possibility.

I can actually spell. I just use a faulty keypad.

• Level   1

Same thing for me...

• Level   S

Hey there Triixter! For our best help, please create a new thread in this forum detailing your issue and any steps you have already taken. We'll be happy to assist you there, thanks!

• Level   1

same for me doesnt exceed the memory. it will do all the other accounts but mine.

• Level   S

Hey there, Swag Reaper525. Can you please create a new thread for us? Be sure to include a full description of your situation as well as the error code you are seeing and any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. We'll be happy to work with you further on this. Thanks!

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

• Level   1

It just started doing that for me

• Level   S

Hey there Zim! For our best help, can you please create a new thread here detailing your issue and any steps you have already taken to resolve it? We'll be happy to assist you there, thanks!

• Level   2

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this was solved already, but I came across a solution.

I had the very same problem. In my case was it the Auto-Login feature of my account that prevented me from moving my Profile from my HDD to my USB.

If you have the Auto-Login feature for your account enabled do you need to disable it.

Cheers.

• Level   5

forums.xbox.com/.../247685.aspx

Same happens for me too. I feel like I am going around in circles here.

EDIT: do what the guy above said it works!!!!

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this was solved already, but I came across a solution.

Cheers.

• Level   2

Always happy to help out :)

• Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

I forgot to mark it as suggested answer and since I somehow cant edit my own post...

Do I simply post it again :)

Please dont forget to rate.

Cheers,

D4RK V3NOM

• Level   2

I have done all of that.. but there's a bigger problem..when you try and put your profile back to your HDD..you will get the same notice..!!! is there no solution??