Status code 8015D003 contains the following message:
Sorry, something's wrong with your Microsoft account. Go to https://account.live.com for help.
Status code 8015D003
If you see status code 8015D003 when you try to sign in to Xbox LIVE, there may be a problem with your profile.
To resolve this issue, try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Verify your Microsoft account security information
Follow these steps:
- Visit Microsoft account. If you forgot your password or it doesn’t work, reset your password.
- Click Edit security info.
- Verify your security information. For example, verify the Phone number, Alternate email address, and Security question information.
- Sign out of your Microsoft account, and then sign in again.
- Try to sign in to Xbox LIVE again.
Solution 2: Clear the system cache
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Go to settings and select System Settings.
- Select Storage or Memory.
- Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
- Select Clear System Cache.
- When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.
Solution 3: Move and then redownload your Xbox LIVE profile
Note If you want to use a USB flash drive or a USB hard drive to complete these steps, you must format the USB flash drive or USB hard drive for Xbox storage. (See USB flash drive support for Xbox 360.)
- Move your profile to a USB flash drive or USB hard drive. To do this, follow these steps:
- Plug the USB flash drive into your console.
- Go to settings and select Storage.
- Select All Devices.
- Select Profiles, and then select your gamer profile.
- Select Move.
- Select the Memory Unit that you want to move your profile to.
Note A Memory Unit can be a USB flash drive, a USB hard drive, or the Xbox 360 Hard Drive. Be sure that you move the profile to a USB flash drive or a USB hard drive.
- Remove the Memory Unit from your console.
- Redownload your profile. For information, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox LIVE profile.