This question has suggested answer(s)

Using Xbox 360 controller in original old xbox one 1 with adapter from Hong Kong

• Level   1

If I buy a new Xbox 360 controller and use an adapter (female usb to modified male Xbox 1 usb)

Link to adapter:(ebay) http://cgi.ebay.de/Computer-PC-USB-to-XBOX...=item41539a1b2d

- Will an old Xbox 1 recognize the new Xbox 360 controller ? (Using above adapter "link")

Thanks

-USB to XBOX Adapter Controller Cable Female-

"Using Xbox 360 controller in original old xbox one 1 with adapter from Hong Kong"

All Replies
    • Level   V
    • Suggested Answer

If you modify something your void the warranty for it.  Also, the old xbox controllers have a different button scheme than the 360 so I do not believe it would work.

• Level   6
    • Suggested Answer

onyx62is
    If you modify something your void the warranty for it.

He wants to put a 360 wired controller on an original XBOX. There's no longer any warranty on an original XBOX and a wired controller is not only inexpensive, its warranty is only 90 days.
    Also, the old xbox controllers have a different button scheme than the 360 so I do not believe it would work.
    It's not just that. The original XBOX controller is essentially a USB hub with three downstream devices - two MU slots and the controller itself.

Not sure why he'd want to use a 360 controller with an original XBOX. S-type XBOX controllers are pretty common and less expensive than a wired 360 controller.

• Level   1

i read that LB and RB work as White and Black buttons when playing original xbox games on the 360.  plus if you already have a wired 360 controller then why would you want to buy anything extra.  some people just like to try things.  i found a pinout for usb to xbox1 and i am going to try and do exactly what the original post is asking.  i will connect the 360 controller to an old original xbox.  i'll post back when i have the results, but i have a feeling it might not work.  worth a shot though as the wiring is very simple.  it would be the same as using that adapter.

www.velocityreviews.com/.../t482-guide-xbox-controller-to-usb-adapter.html

• Level   1

Any results?

• Level   S

Hey DeevoSee, since this is an older thread can I have you create a brand new thread detailing your issue? If it is the same, let us know!

• Level   1

would I be able to cut off the end of an original xbox controllers wire and rewire it onto a wire that plugs into a 360 controller

• Level   V
    • Suggested Answer

@ApocoBlues - this thread is well over a year old.  Can you please create your own thread detailing your issue.  Also, just to let you know that discussion of self repair or modifications is not allowed on the forums.

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

They are not interchangeable they both go into USB ports but totally different.

• Level   X

Locking this thread before we start crossing the streams!

Do you have an idea to improve Xbox for everyone? Share it with us at Xbox Feedback!

How to Use the Forums