This question is not answered

System Error : E 65

• Level   1

After being disconnected from Xbox live while watching a sky player movie i tried to reconnect to live and it presented me with an update screen, so i went through with the update and when i try to power on my Xbox i receive i black screen with white text "System Error: Contact Xbox Customer Support E65" with 1 quadrant flashing red and the power button flashing

My Xbox Is Not In Warranty And I Refuse To Pay £98.40 As I Was Told On The Phone

All Replies
    • Level   V

The issue is more than likely a simple power issue.  Check for troubleshooting steps here to solve your problem.

Join our Destiny clan

Xbox One Unboxing with a special surprise at the end

My Blog

Was my post helpful?  Then please click Like below it.

• Level   1

Ive Gone Through All Of The Above Steps Still Presented With E65

• Level   V

Have you tried switching the plug to a different location?  ie.  if it's in a power bar, plug it directly into a wall socket.  If it's in a wall socket, try a different one.

Join our Destiny clan

My Blog

• Level   1

Ive Done Everything Suggested To Do With Power Supplies Even Borrowed My Neighbors To Test If It Was Mine But Still Presented With The Same E65

• Level   2

E65: DVD Drive Error - Dvd drive is not DMA configured :Wrong firmware, dvd is without f/w chip, etc. This can also be caused by the tray not being fully closed on boot.

Did you perhaps replace the dvd drive yourself?  If it is not a MS dvd drive this error can happen.  Not accusing you of anything, just letting you know what is up.

• Level   1

Nope no tampering at all, my xbox has been running for about 2 years now (OLD) and its just after this update it has gone to this state

• Level   X

If you're still encoutnering this error even with the HDD removed, your console will require a repair. You can check your warranty status and set one up here.

Mister Fitzer - Xbox Community Engagement

• Level   1

This is the exact situation I was hoping on avoiding. . . No Warranty = a charge of £75 - £98.40 for a problem caused by your update

• Level   1

2 Days Since A Response. . .

• Level   V

That's because Mister Fitzer, who is an xbox employee (note the S under his name), has already given you the only other solution that you can use.

Join our Destiny clan

My Blog

• Level   X

That, and we're busy keeping up with the forums! ^_^ If you haven't called phone support yet, I recommend you do so. They should be able to provide more information on the issue. The number for North America is 800-4MY-XBOX.

Mister Fitzer - Xbox Community Engagement