This question is answered

My Brick light keeps Turning red for Fault.

• Level   1

I went last night to buy Skyrim. I was sooo excited and when I got home I popped it in my 360 Slim. Problem is it wouldn't read it at first. All my other games it reads fine, however it started reading it after a got pissed off and yelled at it.(Funny huh?) So into the land of Skyrim I delved, Two hours later I let my brother jump on it and went into my room for some much needed R&R after about 30 minutes tho he came knocking on my door and said that the Xbox broke. I freaked out ran out and looked. Sure enough I had no power when I hit the on button. So I checked the power cord and the Brick light was red. Now it was burning hot and I let it cool down. Just wondering what I need to do to fix it? I've played it since and only get 15 mins in before it repeats it again. Do I need a new system? Or a new cord?

Verified Answer
  • It means the power supply brick is broken and will need fixed or replaced. It actualy says on the brick itself what the light means.

• Try the following steps:

Try a different wall outlet.

If the light is still red, unplug the power supply and let it cool for 30 minutes. Then, plug the power supply back into the outlet.

If the power supply light is still red, your power supply needs to be replaced. Order a replacement Xbox 360 power supply from our Xbox Online Service Center. Console registration is required.

All Replies
    • Level   1

Yeah I figured as much. I have no cash right now but I did move it to a different outlet, I moved my entire living room around so I could. But to no avail. the xbox still works fine and I get 45 mins to an Hour of gameplay. So it's not too bad till I can get some extra cash together Thanks.

• Level   3

Thedarkone999

Yeah I figured as much. I have no cash right now but I did move it to a different outlet, I moved my entire living room around so I could. But to no avail. the xbox still works fine and I get 45 mins to an Hour of gameplay. So it's not too bad till I can get some extra cash together Thanks.

Not a problem, hopefully you manage to get some cash together soon and are able to enjoy the xbox experience without issues again. 

• Level   1

Having the same issue except my power brick goes from orange to red when the power button is pressed, its a xbox 360 elite with a 203w power supply. I tested it on 4 outlets in 3 locations and nothing. The power button flickers green then nothing. It does have the rrod but it turned on before.