This question is answered

Using Official PS3 Wireless Headset with Xbox 360

• Level   1

Hi,

As the title says really. I bought an Xbox after my PS3 died (first day of summer holidays = FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU), and had the Official headset from Sony. I prefer it to the bogstandard Xbox wired one, and want to see if I can use it. I've Googled, only got 1 result and it didn't seem overly reliable, so would like to get a second opinion.

It uses Bluetooth if that's any help, but I've heard that the Xbox doesn't use Bluetooth so I may need an adapter/dongle...

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Verified Answer
    • Level   6
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

The only way you can get the headset to work with the 360 is to hook up audio out from the 360 to an adapter that can pair with the headset. You wouldn't be able to use the mic on the headset, unless there's an adapter that takes the 2.5mm output from the controller and pipes it to the same sort of adapter.

There is no way to "pair" a Bluetooth headset to the 360 directly.

All Replies
    • Level   2

The xbox doesn't use bluetooth so unfortunately you won't be able to use the headset. There are a varity of third party headsets you can get but it really depends on how much you want to spend.

• Level   1

So will I be able to use a bluetooth adapter to enable the headset to connect with the xbox?

• Level   1

Thanks very much for your help, looks like I'll need to buy a new mic to know for certain.

• Level   1

thanks