first thing i have an xbox elite that i never connect to internet so i haven't done any update, i've bought gta V and when i try to install the update it stay in charging for a while then appear for a second an error message and then the screen turn to the backgroung and the controller doesn't work, i tried to download the update from xbox.com but it doesn't work
Hey there almerrik,Sorry to hear you've been having issues playing GTA V.Just to double check, here are a couple of things for getting the update while online:
The latest console software update requires at least 190 megabytes (MB) of storage space (or 256 MB if you live in Japan). If you do not have enough free space, you need to move or delete some items. See Copy, move, or delete content.
Removing the temporary files on your console might solve the problem. To clear your console's cache, follow these steps:
1. Restart your console.
2. Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller (center "X" button on your controller).
3. Go to System Settings, and then select Storage.
4. Highlight your internal storage device (Hard Drive or Internal Storage), then press Y.
5. Select Clear System Cache, then confirm by selecting Yes.
6. After the process completes (it will likely be fast!), restart your console.
After clearing the cache, try the update again.
If you’re using an Xbox 360 Memory Unit or a USB flash drive instead of a hard drive, remove and reinsert the memory unit or USB flash drive.If you have a hard drive, try removing and adding the hard drive again.
The next step would be to update your console using a downloaded file on USB Flash Drive or CD-R prepared in your PC. This method can also be used to apply the update to consoles that do not have access to LIVE.
Copy to a USB flash drive
If you cannot connect your Xbox 360 console to the Internet, you can copy the console update from your computer to a USB flash drive and then install it on the console.
Note The USB flash drive must use the FAT32 file system.
1. Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.
2. Download the update file.
3. Click Save to save the console update .zip file on your computer.
4. Unzip the file. If you are using Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, double-click the .zip file to unzip it.
5. Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory of your flash drive.
6. Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer.
7. Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your Xbox 360 console.
8. Restart the console.
9. When the console restarts, the installation program starts automatically. Select Yes when you are prompted to update the new console software.
Burn to a CD or DVD
You can update your Xbox 360 console software by downloading the update to your computer from Xbox.com, burning the update to a CD or DVD, and then installing the update on your console. Here's how:
1. On your computer, download the update file.
2. Click Save to save the console update .zip file on your computer.
3. Unzip the file. If you are using Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, double-click the .zip file to unzip it.
1. Insert a blank, writeable CD or DVD into your computer.
2. Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory on your CD or DVD, and choose to write (burn) the files to the disc.
3. Once the files have been burned to disc, remove that disc from your computer and insert it into the disc drive on your Xbox 360 console.
4. Restart the console.
5. When the console restarts, the installation program starts automatically. Select Yes when you are prompted to update the new console software.
If you still are not able to get the update downloaded or installed, you are probably receiving an error code, which is typically 6 groups of 4 digits (or letters.) An example of an error code like this might be:xxxx-xxxx-xx8x-xxxx-8007-2746 We do have a guide describing what you should do if you encounter these error codes, available on our page Error code after console software update.
If you're seeing issues with/after an update that none of the above steps will resolve, you may want to try rolling back the update. To do so:
After this is done, your console will restart. You can then sign back in to Live or run the connection test to prompt for the update again.
Note! If you are rolling back and update in order to then update via USB or CD (per solution 5 on this page: Xbox Updates | Xbox 360 Updates), please make sure to disconnect from your local network and update the console while in offline mode.
Please let us know how that all goes and we'll work from there.
How to use the forums Take the Xbox Forums Feedback Survey!