This question has suggested answer(s)

Internal memory unit, please help!!!

• Level   1

While i was watching a movie on netflix , a message appeared saying to reconnect the memory unit ... (internal). I continued to watch the movie. Later i tried to play a game and to connect to xbox live.When i opened the xbox, the screen asked me to create or download a profile. I already had my profiles and did not understand the message. I then skiped the message and tried to find my profile ( 0 profiles found).... I then tried to download my profile and it says that no memory devices are found. What's going on´.... Can some one please help, is it possible that the internal memory unit broke. 

Thanks for the help

All Replies
    • Level   6
    • Suggested Answer

The internal memory unit is most likely failing. I'd pick up a flash drive and move everything to that before it fails completely.

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

Contact Xbox Support and see what they can do. Most likely you'll set up a repair and have to send it out.

• Level   8

NEEKOSI

When i opened the xbox

What exactly do you mean by this? Did you open the console? If yes then you just voided any remaining warranty on it, thus making it impossible to send to MS for a repair, even if you offer to pay for it. 

• Level   5

Temhotabot, read it a little closer. He said when he opened it, it asked about creating a profile and such. That's all done via the dashboard. Doesn't sound like any tampering.

• Level   1

When i said ``i opened the xbox``, i meant turned it on. The first thing it asked was to create or download a profile. Thanks for the advice

• Level   8

I see. In your original post it sounded like you actually opened the console. Have you tried using the console without the hard drive attached? If not remove it and turn it on. Does the issue remain?