This question has suggested answer(s)

Controller will not sync....

• Level   2
Purchased XBox in January of this year and the controller is having syncing issues as of today. Below is a run down of the problem and attempted solutions. Controller will turn on the system but will not connect to the console. Controller simply blinks all four lights until the batteries are removed. New batteries were placed in the controller. This did not help. Syncing was attempted but after the XBox seemed to recognize the controller and they both blinked all four lights at the sme time, the lights died on the console and the controller lights continued to blink until the batteries are removed. I have turned off surrounding electrical devices and removed mobile devices from the room, this di not help either. Any help or tips on how to get this corrected would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance
All Replies
    • Level   S

Hey there Hills! I understand you are having some issues with your controller syncing properly. Does this happen if you try to sync your controller to another console? Do other controllers trying to sync to your console have the same issue as well? Let me know, thanks!

• Level   2

Have not tried another console and I only have one controller and no one has tried to use their controller with my console.  I will have the opportunity to try my controller on another console tomorrow.

• Level   2

I myself have had this problem it may be the RF (Radio frequency) board inside of your xbox. If the xbox is currently under warranty you are in luck send into microsoft and they should be able to replace it. Also it is a very simple task to complete yourself but it will void your existing warranty.

Sorry if this did not help all I could think of!  

XBL Ambassador

• Level   2

Bought a second remote today, needed one anyway, but it will not work either.  Also, the plug and play will not work either.  Do I need to send my Xbox to Microsoft?  If so what is the turnaround time on the repair?  Itis still under warranty, but I have only had it a couple of months.  Thanks for the help in advance.

• Level   1

I'm having the exact same issue. Controllers will work on another console, it can turn on the xbox and completes sync but the Xbox immediately loses the controller light and the controller starts blinking.

• Level   1

Press the search button on the controller and on the xbox at the same time let them recongnise it will take some time and job would be done.

• Level   2

i have the same prob..

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Greetings to the thread! If four green lights flash continuously on your controller you may already have four controllers synced to the console. If you do, you will not be able to sync another controller until you disconnect one. Hope this helps! :)

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

• Level   1

I'm having the same problem. My xbox one is about a month old. Worked great yesterday at 2200. Then, I came back to check on titanfall's status three hours later (0100). Now my 2 controllers don't work at all. Neither of them will sync anymore. USB->micro USB doesn't help either. Fresh batteries. Could the 16.3 GB download for Titanfall mess the xbox one up so it can't read the controllers?

• Level   1

FML this thread was about 360 controllers.