This question is answered

Slowness and Xbox Slim wont let me update games

• Level   1

After I see the Xbox splash screen the screen goes dark with the circling (waiting) icon, but it takes a long time to load up after that before dashboard is displayed.  Someone told me I was hacked because everything started slowing down.  Also, I am unable to update my games, it looks like it wants to download but then it gives a msesage stating it can't and this code 397F-0000-D080-0200-8007-045D.  Everything I try is slow, getting on xbox live, playing multipy player games, sending messages all move slow now, very slow to the point I don't want to use it.

My network connection is fine.  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Verified Answer
  • RaGe x SLiCe

After I see the Xbox splash screen the screen goes dark with the circling (waiting) icon, but it takes a long time to load up after that before dashboard is displayed.  Someone told me I was hacked because everything started slowing down.  Also, I am unable to update my games, it looks like it wants to download but then it gives a msesage stating it can't and this code 397F-0000-D080-0200-8007-045D.  Everything I try is slow, getting on xbox live, playing multipy player games, sending messages all move slow now, very slow to the point I don't want to use it.

Can you try to use a USB thumb drive as your storage device, removing the hard drive all together from the console. Then see if you have the same errors with the updates for your games.

Has your hard drive displayed any problem, Corrupt files, lost saves, having to download patches over and over again, some content(demo/DLC game/Map Packs) do not work correctly?

These would be signs of a hard drive going bad

This information came from ambassador Juan Van and was Verified by Mister Gwyther

• ^^ Also error code 8007-045D has to do with Storage Device problems so please follow the steps above as this is probably the issue

All Replies
  • RaGe x SLiCe

Can you try to use a USB thumb drive as your storage device, removing the hard drive all together from the console. Then see if you have the same errors with the updates for your games.

Has your hard drive displayed any problem, Corrupt files, lost saves, having to download patches over and over again, some content(demo/DLC game/Map Packs) do not work correctly?

These would be signs of a hard drive going bad

This information came from ambassador Juan Van and was Verified by Mister Gwyther

• ^^ Also error code 8007-045D has to do with Storage Device problems so please follow the steps above as this is probably the issue