This question is answered

HDMI Cable cannot plug in!!

• Level   1

Hi

I got a Dynex 1080p A/V cable and I was trying to plug it into my Xbox360 slim, but the big Trapezoid shaped cable is in the way

Can someone tell me how to fix this? Thanks!

Verified Answer
    • Level   5
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Well the thing is you don't need both cables plugged in at once really, your HDMI cable carries both video and audio. If you don't have the slim Xbox with built in optical connector you can buy an audio dongle that fits into the slot above the HDMI port to give you optical out. That dongle fits in just fine with the HDMI cable also fitted.

Hope you enjoy your HDMI connected Xbox .

• Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

The X-Box 360S allows for you to use either the A/V cable to connect to your TV or an HDMI cable. You only use one configuration, not both. Hope this clears it up for you. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Good Luck and Happy Gaming.

All Replies
    • Level   5

Do you mean the a/v cable above the HDMI port? You can remove that cable if you plan on using HDMI to connect your console to your tv.

• Level   1

Yeah, thats the one... its weird that they would block the port with it :/

• Level   1

So how do I fix it?

• Level   5
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Well the thing is you don't need both cables plugged in at once really, your HDMI cable carries both video and audio. If you don't have the slim Xbox with built in optical connector you can buy an audio dongle that fits into the slot above the HDMI port to give you optical out. That dongle fits in just fine with the HDMI cable also fitted.

Hope you enjoy your HDMI connected Xbox .

• Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

The X-Box 360S allows for you to use either the A/V cable to connect to your TV or an HDMI cable. You only use one configuration, not both. Hope this clears it up for you. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Good Luck and Happy Gaming.

• Level   5

Well ThingOnAString already answered that: remove the a/v cable as it is useless if you use HDMI.

Organic life is nothing but a genetic mutation, an accident.

- Sovereign -

PSN: Sipuli91  Steam: hi_im_sipuli91

RIP 360 Elite 5/2009 - 12/2013

• Level   1

Okay, I can't figure out where to plug it into our tv

• Level   5

Does your tv have HDMI ports?

• Level   1

Yes, but it was already taken up by something else. When I unplugged it, we weren't able to watch tv. This is really aggravating.

• Level   5

Is there not another HDMI port on the tv, it's unusual for there to only be one HDMI port on a tv.

• Level   1

Thats all I saw when I looked behind it

• Level   5

What make and model tv is it. Do you have the user manual handy at all. Post the make and model number and I will have a look to see if I can find out more information for you if you can't find the manual.

• Level   1

Ok, Thank you

This is probably too much info

Panasonic LCD TV

TC-26LX20

TC-32LX20

Again, much appreciated :)

• Level   1

It appears that there is only 1 HDMI input on those TV's from my research. So you will have to use the A/V cables to play or change out your HDMI cables when you want to play and watch TV. It sounds like your TV box is also using HDMI. So both can not be plugged in at the same time with only 1 port

• Level   1

Oh, ok

Thanks