This question is answered

Xbox360 S won't turn on but makes beep sound

• Level   2

Hi,

Yesterday, I took my console to play with some friends, after I came back and connected it, it didn't want to turn on but makes only the beep sound with both power and eject buttons, I left it for a while and tried again and it worked.

Today, I played again with it and it was working fine till I disconnected the power cable and reconnected it again and the above issue happened again, but this time it remained, I tried everything and nothing worked.

Power supply is always orange.

Any help?

Thanks 

Verified Answer
    • Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

according to the microsoft website:

The power supply has several built-in safeguards to help prevent damage to either the console or to the power supply itself. The power supply can turn itself off when there is too much current, too much voltage, or too high a temperature. Under these conditions, the light on the power supply will turn from green to orange or to red. Or, the light will turn off. When the power supply light is green, the power supply is working correctly.

To help the power supply work correctly, always try to use the following best practices:

Make sure that all ventilation openings in the power supply are free to ventilate.

Do not put the power supply on a bed, on a sofa, or on any other soft surface that may block ventilation openings.

Do not put the power supply in a confined space, such as a bookcase, a rack, or a stereo cabinet, unless the space is well ventilated.

Do not put the power supply on a stereo speaker, an amplifier, or a heat source such as a radiator or a heat register.

Plug the power supply directly into a wall outlet. In other words, do not use extension cords or power strips.

Basically, feel if it is overheated. if it is let it cool down. If not try a different wall socket. If that doesn't work you probably have a problem with your power brick or console. Try borrowing someone else's power cords.

Xbox LIVE Beta Fall 2012 Member

All Replies
    • Level   2

I'm assuming you are conncting through HDMI?  If so, check the connection of that cable, and try again.  Try using a different cable.  Are you connecting to a TV or a PC monitor?

-

If you are not connecting through HDMI, make sure ALL video/audio connections are fully connected.

-

Fox

• Level   2

I tried with the HDMI and without it, still the same issue

I am connecting to a TV

• Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

according to the microsoft website:

The power supply has several built-in safeguards to help prevent damage to either the console or to the power supply itself. The power supply can turn itself off when there is too much current, too much voltage, or too high a temperature. Under these conditions, the light on the power supply will turn from green to orange or to red. Or, the light will turn off. When the power supply light is green, the power supply is working correctly.

To help the power supply work correctly, always try to use the following best practices:

Make sure that all ventilation openings in the power supply are free to ventilate.

Do not put the power supply on a bed, on a sofa, or on any other soft surface that may block ventilation openings.

Do not put the power supply in a confined space, such as a bookcase, a rack, or a stereo cabinet, unless the space is well ventilated.

Do not put the power supply on a stereo speaker, an amplifier, or a heat source such as a radiator or a heat register.

Plug the power supply directly into a wall outlet. In other words, do not use extension cords or power strips.

Basically, feel if it is overheated. if it is let it cool down. If not try a different wall socket. If that doesn't work you probably have a problem with your power brick or console. Try borrowing someone else's power cords.

• Level   2

I will borrow someone's power supply and give it a try

Thanks for the help

• Level   2

If it still does not work after you've borrowed another power supply, please let us know and we can look deeper.

-

Good Luck!

Fox

• Level   1

Having same problem, Clicking the on button and only getting the sound, no light is coming on. I am using HDMI

• Level   S

Hi there Powellie, welcome to the Forums!  OK, so it sounds like it might be an issue with the way the console is hooked up to the TV.  Please try the steps on this page: Xbox 360 Audio or Video Problems

• Level   2

sorry i am having same prob its not power supply or the hdmi i have same prob i had to buy new xbox and it works fine with hdmi every thing set up the way my 6 month old xbox so i dont know

• Level   S

Hey Luckie! Have you made your own thread for these issues? We'd be happy to help you out as well :)

• Level   2

ya i did you never got back to me lol its not you power supply i think its the sensor there is a cellinode or how ever you spell it i seen a post of a guy with same prob he open his xbox and cleaned somthing inside it and he said his xbox worked as a side note i am not telling you to do this you will void your warrinty if this is the case xbox techs need to look into this issue

• Level   2

I went back to the video that explained the problem.  The problem with the xbox slim turning off and on. on its own  lies with the cellunoid and wire that conects to the sensor gets dirty after awhile the problem i have is when i sent my box in i doubt microsoft opend it beacuse they ran a diognostics and it came back clean.  I think this guy on youtube is onto something he cleand the affected area with alcholo and it worked fine after that please get back to me on this issue and let me know if it is standar proceger to open the box and clean it befor you send it back to the customer if thats gthe case the problem should be resolved and if so ill post another reply leting all know if it is fixed thanks also dont open your box yourself it voids your warinty im not condoning this just geting the facts out there so microsof will know what to do with future poblems other customers have... now if it doesnt get fixed ill have to send it back a second time...