This question has suggested answer(s)

Xbox keeps on freezing

• Level   1

My xbox 360 250GB  Final fantasy VII edition (if it matters) keeps on freezing. it's not cold or loud, it just freezes during gameplay several times, help please!

All Replies
    • Level   7

Hello,

Have you gone through the guide listed here?

If so, what were the results when you took the hard drive out and attempted to use an alternative storage device like a USB Flash Drive for your profile just to see if it froze?

Is this occurring in all of your games or just a particular one? 

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

Well from you question you said it freezes during gameplay. I had an issue with Call of Duty: Black Ops, every time the multiplayer tried to set me up in a game on the map WMD, my console would freeze completely. I would have to power off the console to restore functionality. Turns out the issue was with my disk, no scratches, no laser burn, the disk was just not working for that map. So it could be the disk if it happens during a certain game. I would recommend the guide that Hassassinade suggested, specifically the clearing the cache step. But if its with a specific game then try using another disk borrow a friends or purchase a new one, then return it for a refund if the console still freezes.

• Level   1

The xbox freezes up when im playing battlefield 3 and i cant even finish a game anymore, it has also started occuring when im playing the MoH warfighter beta, not as much but some times.. Never froze while in dashboard or such (as much as i can remember). And since i pointed out that the game freezes during the time i play MoH it's probably not the disk...

• Level   1

Guess what join the crew, i had the mw2 xbox with 250gb hdd.

It was freezing and being painfully slow so i contacted support they said reformat it, i did and now it says unformatted.

And won't reformat so im screwed

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there, Robert F SWE. Did you try the troubleshooter that Hassassinade linked above? That should help determine what steps need to be taken going forward to get this issue resolved. Let us know!

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

• Level   1

Thanks for all the answers! I did try the guide that Hassassinade linked and since i cannot remove my storage device and reproduce the freezing since all the freezing only starts during time i play on LIVE or play a downloaded game such as the game Crysis which i just realized freezes sometimes in the menu i will probably send the xbox to be repaired

• Level   S

Thanks for the update, Robert F SWE. Please keep us posted!

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!