This question is answered

What is wrong with my 360?How to read the red light?

• Level   2

So i have had my 360 for some time it has been acting up..This is my third 360 from MS (Im pretty pissed off that i purchased a new one and get a refurb as a return) Anyways,so the first issue my 360 would not have video but sound only once and a while then it just went black.Had someone do the thermal paste trick & nothing.Now i have one red ring flashing but can not seem to find the answer to what it is, i have read hardware or HDD.I did all the things it says to do remove HDD,Etc and nothing.I have my xbox standing upward (Vertical) it is the bottom right that is red if it is sitting on its side(horizontal) it would be the top right.What is that code? I have no video or sound and that one ring.I have a good amount of games and accessories such as wireless usb adaptor,the first racing wheel,HD Dvd player and just would hate to have it all go to waste as no one would ever give me the money that i had paid for it.Any help much appreciated thankyou.

#1(360) dead   #2(360) dead    #3(360) Dead

Verified Answer
  • I couldn't even suggest you return the console for a repair as it seems you have opened It up and attempted a self repair which is not only against the terms of use but means that Microsoft wouldn't even consider repairing the console.

CLICK for the latest Xbox Live Service Status.

CLICK if you need to start the repair process for your Xbox product.

All Replies
    • Level   9
    • Suggested Answer

Do you get an E74 error at all? Have you tried a different a/v cable just to verify its not a faulty cable?

-

support.xbox.com/.../one-flashinglight

• Level   2

When the system was working i did not get any error codes and when the video would go out Black screen the sound would work but i did not get any Red Rings.Now i have the one red ring if i remove the AV plug i get 2 red rings and as soon as i plug it back it goes to one.I have done the trick with turning the unit off.... unplug the AV...Turn the unit on quickly pop the AV back in..Press the Controller thing i get the Green Lights that spin around then i shut down as stated.I have done it all with no luck.

• I couldn't even suggest you return the console for a repair as it seems you have opened It up and attempted a self repair which is not only against the terms of use but means that Microsoft wouldn't even consider repairing the console.

• Level   2

The console is out of warranty so took the chance.I just find it kinda of lame that i have gotten 3 Refurbished units that took a crap on me and was only allowed xx amount of time from each to claim a issue..This is a launch unit with the chrome tray so if it did at least last a amount of time i would have been happy and just paid to fix it or purchased a new unit, im just a bit bitter about spending so much money and doing it all over again.Maybe Ms can come up with some kind of Recycle plan that can give us a voucher with a few bucks off if we send them our broken/used units as they have all my history,I do recall that Ms did do some kind of upgrade that if you paid 150 you would get a newer xbox or some sort.Well thank you for the suggestions