This question has suggested answer(s)

Can't connect to xbox live using Ethernet cable.

• Level   2

I have a super wierd prpblem with my xbox. When I connect it using internet sharing to my laptop it works, but my router it does not work...

All Replies
    • Level   9

Reset your Xbox 360 console’s network settings to the default settings. Here’s how to do this:

Turn off your console.

Wireless connection only: Unplug the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter from the USB port.

Turn on your console.

Go to My Xbox, and then select System Settings.

Select Network Settings.

Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.

Select Configure Network.

On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults.

Note This will only reset the network settings. This will not affect any other console settings.

Turn off your console.

Wireless connection only: Plug the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter back into the USB port (if you are using an adapter).

Turn on your console.

Wireless only: You will receive a message to configure wireless settings. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect to your wireless network.

Test your Xbox LIVE connection. To do this, go to My Xbox, select System Settings, select Network Settings, select Wired Network or your wireless network name (if you are prompted to do so), and then select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

CLICK for the latest Xbox Live Service Status.

CLICK if you need to start the repair process for your Xbox product.

• Level   2

It says that I have to connect the cable when I connect it to the router.

• Level   2

If the Ethernet cable you're using works perfectly fine using ICS then it's likely an issue with your router causing it to not detect the cable being plugged in. Try to either a.) replace the cable, b.) use another Ethernet port on the back of your router if available, or c.) try another router.

• Level   2

Try another cable

• Level   1

I am having the same issue too. Tried different routers, different cables, straight into an ADSL modem. Tried manually configuring an IP, I've tried all kinds of solutions to no avail... But once you share a connection via a laptop, your in! I don't get it... Please help its frustrating. Can't just have a "$2k modem" sitting round for the Xbox...

• Level   1

yo igual me pasa lo mismo ya probe con otro clable pero el problema esque lo enciendo y parpadea el foco del cable pero no se conoecta y se apaga el foco no entiendo si es mi xbox o mi modem

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Greetings, TigerishADDI and zeuz554. Can you please each create a new thread for us? Be sure to include a full description of your situation as well as the error code you are seeing and any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. We'll be happy to help you from there. Thanks very much!

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!