This question has suggested answer(s)

Xbox 360 Stuck on Dashboard Loading Screen

• Level   2

Hello,

This problem has been occurring for the past few weeks.

I load my Xbox 360 and sign into my Xbox Live Account. It then signs in successfully but gets stuck at the loading circles. It works on a rare occasion.

As a result, I cannot access my Xbox Live Dashboard. I can only play games by immediately loading from the disc.

While its stuck on the loading screen, I'm able to access the Xbox Guide. I tried going to System Settings > Storage and selecting Clear System Cache. I also tried going to System Items and deleting the Content Cache file. Neither of these attempts have worked.

How can I fix this? Thanks in advance.

All Replies
    • Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

Delete your account and recover it back to your device.

• Level   2

To do this do I go Hard Drive > Profiles and delete my profile? Then to recover it, would I go to Download Profile?

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

Yes. When you delete the profile, delete only profile not profile and items. Then download profile using your windows live ID and password.

• Level   2

I deleted the profile as you suggested. Now I'm attempting to download the profile. How long should the download process take? The loading bar stopped on "Downloading your game info" for at least two hours. I tried cancelling the download and restarting it, but the loading bar is still stopping on the same spot. Is something wrong or is it supposed to be this slow?

• Level   9

The profile download shouldn't take more than a minute or two at the most.

-

There are a couple of things I would suggest trying, the first being resetting your consoles network settings to the defaults as you may just have a poor connection to Live.

-

support.microsoft.com/.../978976

-

The link above provides information on how to reset the network settings.

-

The second thing I would suggest if resetting the network settings doesn't work would be to delete and download the system update again. Of course if you are having a network issue it may be best to do this using the USB/CD method as described in the following link.

-

forums.xbox.com/.../166045.aspx

-

Hopefully just resetting the network settings will resolve the issue, if you still have issues after trying the above please post back here and I'm sure we can get this resolved.

CLICK for the latest Xbox Live Service Status.

CLICK if you need to start the repair process for your Xbox product.

• Level   2

I tried resetting the network settings to default and it hasn't changed anything. When I tested my connection, it was fine. Also, I'm able to play games (booted from a disc) online just like before. The problem is I can't access my Xbox Live Dashboard while signed in. I'll try the second method now...

• Level   9

Sorry I only just noticed that the link doesn't tell you how to delete the system update before attempting to update again.

-

Go to the storage section on the console and highlight your storage device

Press the following buttons on the controller

-

Left bumper

Right bumper

X

Left Bumper

Right bumper

X

-

You will be asked to confirm deletion of the system update, confirm deletion and the console should reboot and require you to update again.

• Level   2

Alright, I deleted the system update and I'm now reinstalling it. I'll post how it turns out. Thanks for your help.

• Level   2

The profile download happened quickly now. I'm also able to sign into the Xbox Live Dashboard! It all seems to be working well now. If something else happens, I'll post again. Thanks both KILLERHEDAKE and ThingOnAString.

• Level   2

I just tried signing into the Xbox Live Dashboard a minute ago, and it's not working again. It gets stuck on the loading circles.

• Level   9
    • Suggested Answer

Strange, how are you connected to your network? If you're using a wireless connection is it possible for you to try a wired connection.if you disconnect your console from your network does it boot to the dashboard ok?

- Did you try power cycling your modem/router, if you use a router is it possible for you to try connecting directly to your modem?

• Level   9

It may also be worth going through your storage device and looking for anything that is corrupted, they would have a ! next to them. If there is anything then delete it and try again.

• Level   2

I'm connected to my network with a wired connection. I could see the dashboard if I don't sign in and go Xbox Guide > Xbox Home.

I don't think anything is wrong with my modem or router. I'm able to play online without any problems. However, I tried switching the power for my modem on and off and nothing changed.

I couldn't find anything corrupted on my storage device.

• Level   2

I tried deleting the Content Cache file again and it seems to be working for now...

• Level   S

Thanks for the updates Thrasher! Keep us posted!