This question has suggested answer(s)

Xbox 360 WIRED controller not working.

• Level   2

I have recently discovered that my WIRED xbox 360 controller is not working, every time i plug it in to my 360 it blinks twice. once as player 1 and 4, then all 4 lights. after it has finished flashing the controller will NOT work and just acts if it has no power.
i tried plugging my WIRED controller into my pc with windows 7 ( i have used it countless times) and what i get is a message saying that the usb device has malfunctioned.

i am however able to play with my wireless controller for now. but i dont enjoy using it.

could someone PLEASE help me? 

WIRED CONTROLLER.

i have seen countless threads which people say to sync it. but its WIRED, WIRED, WIRED.

NO BATTERIES. MICROSOFT MADE. BLACK. 

Thank you,
Baracoda

All Replies
    • Level   3

Have you tried plugging the controller into a different USB port on your console? If it works in a different usb port, then the one port that you originally tried is bad. However, from the information provided, it seems likely your controller itself has malfunctioned. If you just recently bought it, you could try to return it to the store. If it's in the warranty period, you can go to XBox's online service center and request a repair here: myservice.xbox.com.  If the controller is not under warranty, the advisable thing to do would be to buy a new one.

Source; forums.xbox.com/.../153184.aspx

• Level   2

thanks for the response gunpowder. but unfortunately every usb i plug the controller into still wont work.

i accidently pulled the warranty sticker off the back of my controller so i can not return it :(

• Level   4

This might be of help to you or at least worth a try: support.xbox.com/.../connecting-game-controllers

• Level   4

Baracoda
    thanks for the response gunpowder. but unfortunately every usb i plug the controller into still wont work

Your controller is broken.

Time for a new one.

• Level   1

I have the same problem but I can get mine to keep flashing. It may be because my sister's boyfriend took it apart and put it back together again but I don't know.

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

As both the Xbox 360 and PC are unable to use the controller it sounds like something has worked itself free inside the controller. If that is the case, a new 360 wired controller would be needed.

If possible, borrow one from a friend first and make sure your Xbox 360 can connect with it before you do just so you are certain a new controller will solve your problem.

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

How old is your controller? If you have had it for a long time and use it frequently it may have gone into disrepair from wear-and-tear. You may need a new controller. (My Play and charge battery pack died recently)

• Level   1

Im having same trouble but vice versa not working on my PC i tried all 3 USB ports what do i do

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

My wired 360 controller did the same thing and after several hours of inspecting and tampering it ended up being the end of the controller wire that plugs into the break a way extension, so I cut it off and wired (color matched) an old USB end on and voila, like new.   Hope this helps someone.

• Level   1

me too but i cant help cause im trying the same thing