This question has suggested answer(s)

Green power light flashing on my Xbox 360 Slim..

• Level   2

Sometimes when i turn on my xbox, i notice that the power button flashes as if the disk tray is opening but there is already a disk in there and i didnt open my disk tray. It'll keep flashing until i actually open and close my tray and resume operation as normal. Also, at times, in the middle of a game, my console will send me to the dashboard and the light will start flashing but the tray wont open. it would act as if there is no disk in the tray and would wait for me to open it. 
any fixes/solutions ? /: 

All Replies
    • Level   X
    • Suggested Answer

Hi! Can you try cleaning the disc tray button with a soft cloth?

• Level   1

I'm having the same issue.  Did you ever find a fix?  Cleaning the button and completely blowing out the dust inside the Xbox hasn't helped.

• Level   X

Are you getting any of the chimes normally associated with the disc tray opening or closing? Or is it just the light specifically blinking until you open and close it?

• Level   1

my xbox s has done something very similiar tonight. in the middle of playing forza4 , the the console froze up , so i killed power and rebooted , when it came back up , the blinking light and not recognizing the disk. then the door wouldnt open. tried rebooting several times removed the power supply. nothing has helped.removed the disc manually..but still cant get the door to work or disc to play. looked around here for someone else with this problem, and wound up here.

• Level   1

I just got that problem to :( just before going to purshase mw3 :( so sad

• Level   2

I'm having the same problem.  The book said that the system is overheating and that is why the light flashes.  I can't hear the fan.  

• Level   2

I'm having the same problem.  The book said that the system is overheating and that is why the light flashes.  I can't hear the fan.  

• Level   1

This just started for me too.

Happened after live update on Battlefield3

In my xbox if you insert a disk it's confused whether there is a disk in or not.

I think this looks like a firmware rather than a hardware glitch.

Turn the xbox on with the tray closed and it says opening.

Open and it says = close tray

close tray it says = closing and then = opening - but it doesnt open.

Click OK on the remote and it does this cycle again.

I've cleaned the eject button but it was clean?

Might the mechanism have slipped a gear?  

Pretty disappointed.  My old white one still runs although I can hear it two streets over. ;)

CTRL enter... still wont let me post
    • Level   2

okay so its been awhile, but i noticed that when the conditions in my room are really hot or really cold, it does this, but when the weather is perfect, like not too hot or cold, then it works perfectly fine. so i guess those problems were my fault. it's still pretty weird though..

• Level   1

my friend have the same problem sitm his xbox 360 slim and it all started when he played halo and he take the disc and he turn off my console and when he turned on it start with middle green flashing light  and then he press the eject button and it says opening and if he press it again it says clossing so i eject the *** tray with a papperclip and then i turned again my xbox and it still wont work the console is acting like there is no disk drive in it any solution?

• Level   1

sorry for a bad sppeling i wanted to check my mistakes but i with mistake press reply sorry

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there Alen! If you are having issues with your disc drive, try out all the suggestions in our Guide (forums.xbox.com/.../624.aspx) and troubleshooter (support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive-solution). If you cannot get it to work properly, you can set up a repair online here (support.xbox.com/.../repair-process). Let me know if that helps, thanks!

• Level   1

Just got my Xbox slim back from repair, hooked it up and its still doing the same damn thing.  It was gone for over 12 days and I was hoping the problem would be solved....Looks like I have to send it out yet again...3rd time.

• Level   1

Had the same thing on my 1 month old slim. Turn console on and straight away draw opens then closes,green light flashing in the middle of power button non stop. Turn console off and the draw opens again!

Sent it off for repair lastweek, got it back today, nothing has changed same problem. Rang them and they said it was a new console as it was unrepairable. Now I know it is not a new box as I have security writing on it in UV ink. Now got to wait for them to look into this as it never happens so they say.

NOT A GOOD SERVICE

• Level   X

Hey there SigGod - sorry to hear you've had a frustrating experience! Do you have the service request number from your repair? If so, can you please send it to me via Private Message? Thanks!