This question is answered

Very loud Xbox 360 fan!

• Level   4

I have an old Xbox 360 Pro which is a replacement for one that broke due to the RROD. From what I noticed since I've gotten it is that the fans are extremely loud, even when I'm not playing a game.

I have ALL my games installed to the hard drive and the fans are still loud. The speed of the fans gradually increase even when I'm at the dashboard and when I exit a game, the fan stays at the same speed as if I were still in-game. The Xbox is not even hot nor is it in a poor location. Warranty void in my case.

Is there anyway to reduce the sound from the fans (other than moving it, turning up the volume or getting headsets etc.)? It's THAT bad that it deters me from using it anymore. 

Verified Answer
  • The only thing i can think off is that maybe there is a lot of dust or something inside the xbox which is causing the fans to work overtime, I am not positive about this, but it could either be time for a new console or it may just be a matter of sending it in for a repair and have xbox have a look at it, i have the same problem with my other xbox(old style) but I honestly believe it is old, I have bought a slim now but it is sad to see the old one starting to give out

Hope you get it sorted

Always Here To Help

All Replies
    • Level   3
    • Suggested Answer

I also have this problem with my xbox too, i usually just tap the side lightly a couple times and it stops.

• Level   4
    • Suggested Answer

I'd take the loud fans as a sign that it's time to pick up a new Xbox.. :/

L

The Xbox Error Lookup Tool  - One of the most valuable resources on Xbox.com!

Proud to serve the community. :)

• Level   1

I'm in the exact same boat, but I'm going to try what Th3 Chronikk suggests , I don't recommend buying a whole new console because of fan noise.

• The only thing i can think off is that maybe there is a lot of dust or something inside the xbox which is causing the fans to work overtime, I am not positive about this, but it could either be time for a new console or it may just be a matter of sending it in for a repair and have xbox have a look at it, i have the same problem with my other xbox(old style) but I honestly believe it is old, I have bought a slim now but it is sad to see the old one starting to give out

Hope you get it sorted

Always Here To Help

• Level   5

Moosekiller146

Dust is not the issue...

Okay so here's what I've done so far:

1. <REMOVED BY ME. USER TALKING ABOUT SELF REPAIRS>

Stop.....Right there.

-

Nobody can help you now... You have violated the Xbox Code of Conduct and Terms of use

-

Any attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, modify, further sublicense, distribute, or use for other purposes the Service, any game, application, or other content available or accessible through the Service, or any hardware or software associated with the Service or with an original Xbox or Xbox 360 console is strictly prohibited and may result in cancellation of your account and/or your ability to access the Service, and the pursuit of other legal remedies by Microsoft.  Microsoft may take any legal action it deems appropriate against users who violate Microsoft's systems or network security, this contract or any additional terms incorporated or referenced in this contract, and such users may also incur criminal or civil liability. 

-

In addition, You have also violated the forums Code of Conduct by talking about how you repaired your Console. Self repairs are Phohibited

-

Your pretty much on your own now. And  you cannot send your console in for repair anymore even with a fee.

-

EDIT: You know, Re-reading this thread i noticed your an ambassador... You should have known this before doing anything with your console....

Hard of Hearing Gamer and Xbox Live Ambassador here!

Sorry i havent been on here lately. Work and broken computers kept me away!

• Level   2

"Stop…..Right there."

Is it possible to explain policy without making it sound so damn draconian and intense, "Your own your own now."  I understand the policies, like talking about repairing our own consoles--which is idiotic considering the incredibly sluggish and inept Microsoft support and layover time, but regardless we're not supposed to talk about it.  Period.  With that being said, you really got off on giving it to this guy didn't you?

• Level   S

G'day Putty. This thread is several months old. If there's something Xbox-related we can help you with, please start a new thread and we'll be happy to help you there. =)