This question is answered

Controller problem!

• Level   1

Hey I have a really annoying issue with my Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (the one that came with the Xbox Slim) :

Almost everytime I turn off my Xbox, and then turn it on again, my controller won't find my Xbox, unless I re-sync it (I have tried to change the batteries!)

I don't think it's the problem, since it sometimes work, and sometimes (most of the time, recently) not, but is it because I'm using one of thoose extension cords, that turns the power off my console, when my TV is turned off?

Verified Answer
    • Level   V
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

That might be the problem entirely.  Perhaps the xbox is like some of the older TV's.  When power is cut off completely from the xbox (which is what happens with one of these extension cables) for any length of time it may very well reset some of the settings on the console.  

Try it without that extension and see if you still have the same problems.

Join our Destiny clan

Xbox One Unboxing with a special surprise at the end

My Blog

Was my post helpful?  Then please click Like below it.

• Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

It still uses power when on standby, but i'm not sure how much. I do know that even with the xbox "off" you can still use it to charge controllers ect. Does your controller work fine now?  Or are there still problems? I used to use the energy saving cords myself on my original xbox, granted there were no problems because of there were no wireless controllers, but it did cause other faults. I'd just connect everything normally with use of any other cords or extensions, chances are your slim was resetting every time your standby on your tv/xbox turned on. Keep us updated.

-- http://www.petitiononline.com/cu5t0m/petition.html -- Sign the petition for disabled and handicapped console players!

• I haven't had any problems since I got rid off the energy saving cord, so I think that was the problem (-:

All Replies
    • Level   1

But if that's the problem, why is it that it sometimes does work, without needing to sync? And if I just use a regulair extension cord, will my Xbox then take standby power?

• Level   X

Hey mate, is this happening with all controllers, or just one in particular? If you've haven't tested, maybe a friend has a controller you can try?

Mister Fitzer - Xbox Community Engagement

• Level   1

If you have more than one xbox in the house (or even a neighbours!) it might be trying to sync with them instead, if its other xboxs in the house, make sure they are off and sync your controller with YOUR xbox. If this fails to work, disconnect and reconnect everything, try a different controller as Mister Fitzer suggested or buy the charge and play kit. Might i also suggest removing the battery pack and checking for damage. Let us know how you get on.

-- http://www.petitiononline.com/cu5t0m/petition.html -- Sign the petition for disabled and handicapped console players!

• Level   1

First of all I'm sorry for the time I took to answer, but I wanted to make sure I had enough time to test it out. I only have one controller, and so has my friends, so I can't really borrow one from them, and alsl there's no other Xbox's in the house nor in my neighbour(s) house(s). However it seems like it works now, when I got rid of the extension cord, that cuts the Xbox 360's power, when my TV was turned off. Is it correct that the Xbox 360 Slim, uses 0,3W when in standby?

• Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

It still uses power when on standby, but i'm not sure how much. I do know that even with the xbox "off" you can still use it to charge controllers ect. Does your controller work fine now?  Or are there still problems? I used to use the energy saving cords myself on my original xbox, granted there were no problems because of there were no wireless controllers, but it did cause other faults. I'd just connect everything normally with use of any other cords or extensions, chances are your slim was resetting every time your standby on your tv/xbox turned on. Keep us updated.

• I haven't had any problems since I got rid off the energy saving cord, so I think that was the problem (-:

• Level   1

Good show.