Xbox restarting randomly.

• Level   1

Not sure if this is where I should post this, but here it goes.

I have a 360 slim model with a 250 gb hard drive that i bought seperately.

I got home last night and decided to play some xbox and to my dismay, my xbox would turn on make it to the dashboard than immediatly restart. I turned it on probably close to 20 times and the same thing happened every time. So I took to the internets and searched for a solution. I checked my cords checked my hard drive. So I decided to remove my hard drive and it was fixed. My issue is now that I am without a hard drive that all my stuff is stored on.

My question is this, can I send in the hard drive and hope to have it fixed or am I out of luck and have to start everything from scratch with a new hard drive?

• Level   5

xxSeptikShockxx

Not sure if this is where I should post this, but here it goes.

I have a 360 slim model with a 250 gb hard drive that i bought seperately.

I got home last night and decided to play some xbox and to my dismay, my xbox would turn on make it to the dashboard than immediatly restart. I turned it on probably close to 20 times and the same thing happened every time. So I took to the internets and searched for a solution. I checked my cords checked my hard drive. So I decided to remove my hard drive and it was fixed. My issue is now that I am without a hard drive that all my stuff is stored on.

My question is this, can I send in the hard drive and hope to have it fixed or am I out of luck and have to start everything from scratch with a new hard drive?

Where did you buy the cosole bro ? they might have sold you a one off faulty one ,you can always return it and get a exchange it ....

• Level   1

I bought it brand new at target about 2 years ago, receipt has been long gone.

• Level   S

Hey Septik! Sounds like your console made need some love, so I would suggest you submit your console for a repair: How to get your Xbox product repaired. 

Let us know if you have any questions. Thanks! 

• Level   1

The xbox is not the issue its the hard drive. In fact I even borrowed a friends to test my theory and I was right. The xbox did not restart again. So the question is this. Is there a way I can fix the hard drive or even transfer the information onto a new one or do I have to start from scratch?

• Level   S

At this point, it sounds like a new HDD is the way to go. As for the data on it, if you are unable to boot to the HDD, you will most likely not be able to transfer data from it. Also, if the HDD is the same age as your console (2) it will be out of warranty.

• Level   1

Thank you for your help.