This question has suggested answer(s)

Unrecognized Disc

• Level   1

After getting a copy of Dead Island every game i try to play keeps saying unrecognized disc? i have been on the Xbox website and tried everything it says to do but nothing seems to work! it's just annoying me because i feel like I'm wasting my money on game's that don't play, And every time they do read it will play for a little bit then it crashes and says the disc cannot be read!!! Please can someone help me with this problem?

All Replies
    • Level   V
    • Suggested Answer

You should try the steps on this page:

support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive-wizard

• Level   1

I have tried everything it says to do on there.

I'm guessing i need a new Xbox? unless there's anything else that could help?

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

It sounds to me like your consoles DVD drive is failing, this would especialy be true if your discs are not scratched.  You could try clearing your hard drive cache and install your games to the hard drive.  If this does it fix your issues, you will need to arrange a repair.

Got a question? Just ask. 
    • Level   1

I cleared my hard drive cache and i have tried installing games on to the hard drive, but it will get between 90-99% and say the disc is unreadable! Does this mean i need a new Xbox?

• Level   5

If your discs are in perfect condition, then you either need a repair or a new console.

• Level   1

A repair will cost loads as i live in Guernsey! so i think it will be best to get a new console. cheers for all the help

• Level   5

I'm pretty sure MS still use UPS in the UK for shipping repairs.  I'm sure UPS UK also serve the Channel Islands.  You can give UPS a call first and ask 08457-877-877.  All repairs are done in Europe anyway, either the Czech Republic or Germany.  

The UK Xbox Support number is 0800 587 1102. If your console is in warranty the repair is free, otherwise you will have the pay.  If you have to pay, the cost covers both the repair and the shipping costs.