HOW DO YOU GET RID OF LASER BURN?

• Level   2

PLEASE HELP IVE GOT LASER BURN ON MY MW3 DISC

IVE DONE THE CLEANING BIT AND IT DOESN'T WORK

PLEASE PLEASE HELP

All Replies
    • Level   8
    • Suggested Answer

Have you tried taking your game to a game store and have them clean it?  Any store and sells pre-owned games should have this facility, but it may not be free.  Have you tried borrowing your friends game, installing it to your hard drive, and then using your disc to run it?

Laser burn is a misnomer, the laser isn't powerful enough to burn the discs.  The perfect circle you can see on your disc is caused by the disc coming into physical contact with the DVD lens.  It's the lens that causes the scratch, not the laser.

Got a question? Just ask. 
    • Level   2

If you have The perfect circle that Obsessive Power speak of, just buy a new MW3. There is no way of fixing The perfect circle, it happen to my Halo 3.

Signature removed- Signature image exceeds the image limits of 125px in height.

• Level   1

go to your local game store and they should be able to fix it cheap for about £2 or $1

• Level   1

wow

• Level   1

i have it a d its freeziingg every time i play

• Level   4
    • Suggested Answer

It is not recommended.  Do this at your own risk.  I do advise you just buying a used copy through gamestop or craigslist.  The suggestions above, they are referring to disc buffing (pawn shop), I just had one of my discs buffed, and worked perfectly.  If it happens again, your disc is shot.  I hope it all works out for you.

• Level   1

Have you tried using a disc cleaner like Obsessive Power has recommended? Also, try going to your local video store or game retail them and have them buff it out. Sometimes that works. But if it doesn't, your game is ruined.'

Good luck!

• Level   1

i have the same problem with my halo 4 it still works but the audio on the game is messed up so when u find a answer let me no man

• Level   7
    • Suggested Answer

Like others have said, have the disk 'buffed' or resurfaced at a local shop or purchase another copy.  I had this happen  'the perfect circle' condition on 2 different games.  Depending on how deep the scratch is, it maybe unusable even after being buffed out.....  GOOD LUCK !!!

• Level   1

buy a new one